Resetting WiFiRanger GoAC

I have a WFRanger GoAC which was working pretty well.  I had two unlimited mifi devices running, one on 2.4GHz from ATT and one on 5GHz from Verizon.  I was also transmitting on two frequencies, again 2.4GHz and 5GHz, each with their own SSID.  I had them configured as MultiWAN, and the entire system was running well. 

Then in order to minimize all the radios, I decided to try the WFRanger option to transmit both radios using the same SSID.  Once I did this the system rebooted and I could no longer attach to the WFRanger Control software.  It just couldn't connect.  I tried everything I could, and eventually decided just to reset the WFRanger and start over.

So I followed the reset procedure, no change.  Thinking I may have mistimed it, I did it again, twice.  But I just can't get it to do anything.  So it would appear that my WFRanger is, at the moment, bricked.  Any suggestions from anyone would be appreciated.

2015 Entegra Aspire 44B diesel pusher with 2017 GMC Acadia Denali toad
Web site, albums, blog and more here

Hi John:

If you have a very early GoAC (as do I) it may have a problem with trying to use the same SSID for both 2.4 and 5 GHz.  I always have my 5 GHz SSID labeled separately as a result.

I assume that after you reset it you remembered that the password would reset to "changemenowABCD" where ABCD are the last four digits of the Ranger's serial number.

Have you tried connecting to it via Ethernet cable?  That usually works even if all else fails.  The Ranger's control panel will still be at the same URL as it always was.

If neither of these suggestions work, you can PM me the device's serial number (begins with 77, 78 or 79) while keeping it on in the hope that it will connect to an available signal.  I might be able to get enough access to examine it.

Joel

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Thanks Joel guess I got an early one.  But got it back to what it was by taking a different device (using a different browser) and trying to access the control panel.  And that worked.  Went back to different SSID for the two radios and now it is working again.

But I do appreciate your reply.

== John

2015 Entegra Aspire 44B diesel pusher with 2017 GMC Acadia Denali toad
Web site, albums, blog and more here

3 hours ago, John Laninga said:

Went back to different SSID for the two radios and now it is working again.

The Ranger is a far more stable device than it was 8 years ago when I first got one.  But every once in a while they do get "cranky" and have a tantrum!  Glad you were able to get things going again. 

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Archived