Jump to content



Recommended Posts

Hi Folks, my wife and I will be touring again around the USA, what I'd like to know can I obtain a Texas driving licence using my Escapees postal address in Livingston, and does anyone know the best way for me to obtain a licence as this will save me a considerable amount on my Insurance by having one.

I appreciate any help with this

Kind regards

Clive and Pam Moulton  ( England )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This information comes from the Texas Department of Public Safety, who issue driver's licenses about identification requirements. I have edited out items to list those you may have only.

  1. Foreign passport with attached temporary I-551 (immigrant visa endorsed with ADIT stamp)
  2. Temporary Resident Identification Card (I-688)
  3. U.S. Travel Document (I-327 or I-571)
  4. Foreign passport with attached visa and Form I-94

To get additional information, I suggest that you contact the Polk County office of the DPS.



Monday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Tuesday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Wednesday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Thursday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kirk has given you good information, I'm sure.

I do want to add that one of the other RV forums actually has a sub-forum called VISITORS TO THE USA specifically for people like you who want to RV in the US.  You might find it useful.


Not that you are not more than welcome here, of course . . .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...