Friend lost insurance

Broncohauler

On 2/9/2018 at 6:52 AM, Jack Mayer said:

Farm and City will write to several companies, but as noted they have rules. I have insurance with them, and my POLICY does not have a rule that the trailer must be attached. I do have a restriction that I cannot "sleep" in my truck.

Well folks........according to Grumps-Rule-#7 ...............I am getting OLD.........VERY OLD..........(Grumps-Rule#7 states: You are OLD, when silly and dumb rules that were foisted on you when you were young reappear later in your life a second time).

So.............Jack has a better new condo-sleeper truck and it is likely registered as a motorhome AND his insurance policy PROHIBITS him from............SLEEPING........in his motorhome..............GULP!!

I kid you not........many moons ago I was drafted into a dangerous fast-water-barge-core-drilling-project in a spillway-race of a large Hydro-Generation-Dam and according to the contract we had to have a instant-deploy-fast-rescue-boat that could be catapulted from the barge deck in a few seconds to task a rescue. 

I sought RFQ's from several Insurance sources and only was able to obtain ONE quote..........the quote fully insured the barge and drill and the rescue vessel but ONLY insured the rescue-vessel as long as it was on the barge deck.........ALL COVERAGE CEASED AS SOON AS THE RESCUE VESSEL WAS LAUNCHED INTO THE WATER.............sorta like a motorhome that you are NOT allowed to SLEEP in.........Yep Grumps, your rule # 7 still is alive even though you are not......

So I call the insurance company and ask about the lack of coverage for the Rescue-vessel as soon as it is launched in the water and after being passed to several folks a grumpy lady from the risk-survey office told me that all I had to do was to place myself in the insurance companies position in that NO ONE would want to insure a boat catapulted off a barge in the fast water of a dam spillway race .............

So...........we went out in the back yard and dug up a few 55 gallon drums of $100 bills and...........placed the fund in a escrow account and then being SELF-INSURED.........we were VERY CAREFUL..........REALLY CAREFUL........

(We did test the rescue-vessel........but thank God we did not have to do any rescue).

Drive on.............(Insurance is not good under rule#7............) 

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Archived