New to Satellite - Upcoming Full-timer

Yes, those are plastic handled thumb screws. I found them at a local Ace hardware store. It's really a pretty simple mod. I replaced the existing 1/4-20 nuts with the thumb screws, and for the lower reflector and mast clamp bolts, I bought longer carriage bolts and nylon spacers, also at Ace, to bring the thumbscrews out where they're easier to reach. Note that there are normally 4 skew adjustment bolts, but the bottom one is difficult to access, so I left it out. The 1000.4 dish has the elevation rod shown for fine tuning, and those nuts were replaced with standard 5/16 thumb screws. The 1000.2 dish does not have that feature, although I understand there's a kit available from a third party to add it.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Dutch_12078 has done some nice mods.  I prefer using a DPP 1000.2 dish because I have a Hopper 3 and I can mount the Hybrid LNBFs (needed for the Hopper 3) on it as needed for the EA or WA satellites.  The DPP 1000.2 dish is a little smaller than the DPP 1000.4 but in 12 years, that has never been a problem with reception including as far east as Prince Edward Island.  A smaller dish stores easier.

I did replace all the nuts that needed a wrench with thumb nuts.  Adding the Mod Kit from TV4RV.com makes the Elevation a screw adjustment, big improvement.  Never found a need for screw Skew adjustment.

The HD Tripod from TV4RV.com collapses into a smaller package that nicely finds into a bag that is easily stored and I have all three legs are adjustable.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

• 2 weeks later...

Archived