Truck battery replacement.

oletimer

Back in 2011, I had a speed sensor shutdown while on the road.  Made it to Volvo dealer in Salt Lake City, and after a day and 1/2 was told I had a bad battery, just need to replace one!!  I said I didn't think that was the problem, plus I NEVER replace one battery in a bank of three, so replace all three.  I did find later, the problem was a bad wire connection behind the seat.  Anyway, last week, after the truck sat for 30-45 days, no start, low voltage.  I had one bad battery.  The only one I could find quick was at Batteries Plus, and they only had one. I seldom use the word NEVER, but I had to get to Spacecraft the next day, so I replaced one bad battery.  Got back home, and the truck sat for 2 days, no start, low voltage, one bad battery.  I'm not crazy about mixing brands of batteries, and Batteries Plus now has 2 more Duracell 31-C 925 batteries, my question, are these any good?  I checked my fault codes, and most codes are for the low voltage problem, and I don't have any bad grounds, and I guess 6 years is about all you get out of batteries anymore with all the electronics.  I do find it strange that 2 of my batteries died with a week of each other, but I guess time will tell.  Both me and the "Top Dog" are getting itchy feet, and just about ready to head South, so don't want to have trouble on the road.  I guess I rambled again, but any thoughts?  Mostly, has anyone used Duracell batteries in their truck?

As always, Thanks,    Dick T

2006 Volvo VNL 630(VED12 400HP)
10 speed autoshift,3.58 gear 236" twin screw, w/ET, Jackalopee, Blue Dot
2016 Space Craft 37'

Blu/Dot, Dexter 8K triple axel, HD Drum hydraulic brakes

Feather lite air ride
2005 Jeep Rubicon
2007 Suzuki DR 650

Archived