MIcrosoft Event: Today On Demand

RV_

Today Satya Nadella and his crew held the October event and the two hour on demand video can be viewed in HD video here:

http://news.microsoft.com/microsoft-event-2016/#u59eA3DSLKG3x4OM.97

The new Microsoft Studio a 27" UHD all in one is astounding. Apple designs are over shadowed by every one of the new systems from the giant Hub for offices, to the new Surface Books and Surface Pro 4 upgraded designs and system things have changed. I likely have the closest to the Studio in my Dell 2720. But mine which I thought was slim before at only an inch and a half from the side, and touch screen is like looking at a 59 Corvette next to a Tesla Model S. Both are high performance and styling for their day, the Model S is simply another animal. It even has a dial that you place on the screen to add new controls and even has new draw 3d. My 2720 has a lot of RAM and an i7 and an SSD in front of the hard drive.

But the studio is a half inch thin, 27 inches touch and dial and keyboard and mouse and pen controlled, marvel of design. the hardware and software are astounding in how they mesh with the person using them. It makes no difference what OS you like or if you harbor decades old conspiracy theories about Microsoft. Everybody comes to a time when they are no longer needing the latest and leading edge tools and systems. But if one has the discretionary funds, Microsoft just stepped up to top innovator. I will of course wait a few years as my Dell, bulky as it is can use all the new software save one or two that are hardware based like the dial.

I have a Surface Pro and my Dell XPS 2720 which moves the same way as the new Studio, and cost about the same in 2013 when I got mine. My wife her Lenovo All In One, and her rarely used Venue 11 Pro. So we won't be buying for another few years.

We are already on board the main All In One as desktop each, and large Windows 10 tablets. Each tablet running top of the line i5 and Z3795 SoCs/with USB 3/MIcro SD card slot using up to 128GBcards/1080p resolution touch screens/64-128GB SSD and 4 GB of RAM with keyboard and full Windows all running the same programs and Apps. Today's Microsoft reveal was stunning for the innovations and design.

See for yourself. You don't have to buy one. They are bleeding edge and nice to see what my next manufacturer refurbished with a year warranty desktop and tablet or 2 in 1 will be a few years down the road.

If nothing else go to 1:36:00 in the video and look at the Studio. It is a radical new program for graphic artists and painters with the new software merging with the hardware. $3k it better be good. I will have to travel to a Microsoft store and see one and play with it in the flesh. But no, I won't budget for a new system any time soon.

I went through 11 tablets since January 2013 (counting our two 7" Fire HDX 64GB, and one Fire HDX 8.9" 32GB)

I went through 3 desktops with Windows 10 since Jan 2013 too. One box and 24" monitor. One All In one Acer 24", and finally the Del XPS One 2720.

We sold all of our laptops and now have two I refurbished to be sold, and one 2 in 1 to be sold, and one tablet made in the iPad chassis and retina screen, but dual booting Windows 10 and Android 4.4.

Laptops have no place for us anymore, we go to our all in one desktops as they have TV tuners and Sling TV as well as a new full size Fire TV, jailbroken, on my 2720. To our tablets when watching in our home theater. I have Alexa and Cortana on my computer now and barely scratched the surface with each. I think, like my 2720, that is where most are going in the next five years.

Microsoft stock has been at an all time high, and I anticipate it going higher in the next few years regardless of what the pundits might say.

It is time for the other brands to play catch up for a change. HP has the Microsoft Phone, and A&T will soon buy Time Warner. Verizon has studiously not supported the Microsoft Phones and will likely not get Surface Phones and let them go to AT&T like they did all the other new phones like the iPhone at first and then lately the Lumia 950s which were only available on AT&T. If they are exclusive to the Surface phones I may just have to switch to AT&T. We are past contracts now with Verizon. All we need to see are more towers for AT&T away from the cities here.

The times, they are a changing. - Nobel Laureate Bob Dylan.

;):D

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Archived