Need help with Follow My Build

alan0043

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for help with Follow by Build. I have registered and I have my user name. I need step by step instruction works best for me. My questions are as follows. I need to add images to my account. How do I add images to my account ? How many images can I have in my account ? I want to share these images. Have do I get someone else to see my images ? Remember I am not as smart as a fifth grader.lol.

Thanks for any help,

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

Send a message to berzmo that's his web sit as I recall.

Thank you for the idea. Message has been sent.

Al

Hi, Al. I'm glad to see you're using the site. We're still working out a few usability issues, so I'll throw together some quick screen recordings to make the process easier to follow. I'll get those uploaded for you this evening and posted here for reference.

"Willy Mammoth" - Volvo 730, Sold

Heartland Cyclone 4000 Toy Hauler
T-Minus 26 years and counting to being a full timer.

Here is how you update your main builder photo.

Here is how you add a build and a build phase. It's important to note that the Gallery phase is already there for each build. The Gallery is used to show off your build, not necessarily to document build steps. Here's the Gallery phase of my Volvo for example - http://www.followmybuild.com/bmzero/Volvo-730-HDT-RV-Hauler/Photo-Gallery

Here is a demo of how easy it is to copy the photo share code directly from FMB and paste it into a forum reply.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Hi Brit,

Thank you for posting the instruction videos. They where a help. I was slow at doing it. I had to try to remember what I saw in the videos. I know that would help me would be a cheat sheet. Something that I could print out and have in front of me doing the editing or updating. Do you have any instructions written down on the FMB site ? That way someone could print out the instructions and have it in front of yourself doing your editing or updating your build. This is just an idea for slow people like myself. A computer knows how to push the right button to get me to be frustrated. This is just idea on my end. I can understand all the hard work you have put into your site. Keep up the good work.

Thank you again for being patient with me,

Al

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to use Follow By Build so I can post pictures of my truck in the For Sale Section. I am not having any luck. I am also looking for the Photo Gallery part in Follow My Build with more luck there either. Did I say that a computer makes a good paper weight.

Looking for help,

Al

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to use Follow By Build so I can post pictures of my truck in the For Sale Section. I am not having any luck. I am also looking for the Photo Gallery part in Follow My Build with more luck there either. Did I say that a computer makes a good paper weight.

Looking for help,

Al

Al,

After logging in, click on the gallery phase of your build. The Gallery phase should be the phase in the top left, on the build page. From there, click on the red "Update Phase" button near the top right of the page. After that, you will see a screen like pictured below.

30790202232_dbd04b6b53_b.jpg

From the "Update Phase" page, you can either drag and drop your files into the box on the right, or click in the box to open up a browse dialog where you can select your photos. After you have your photos added, the Save button will turn red and you can click Save to continue.

From there, you can follow the video linked above called "Forum Photo Embed".

Good luck!

Hi Brit,

Thank you again for the help. I will see how I make out. It would be nice to know how to post a picture or too. The reason that I say that, is because I would like to show some of my projects. Maybe someone else could get their own idea from my projects. Or get some help with my ideas. It is always nice to get some extra eyes on a project for extra help.

Thank you again for the help,

Al

Hi Brit,

Thank you again for the help. I will see how I make out. It would be nice to know how to post a picture or too. The reason that I say that, is because I would like to show some of my projects. Maybe someone else could get their own idea from my projects. Or get some help with my ideas. It is always nice to get some extra eyes on a project for extra help.

Thank you again for the help,

Al

That's the driving idea behind FollowMyBuild - sharing and learning.

The videos above should walk you through posting your photos. The user experience isn't perfect yet, but we're getting there.

Let me know if you have any issues.

Hi Brit,

I have tried to follow your instructions with no luck. I have logged in and my home page comes up. There are no words in the upper left corner on this page saying " Gallery Phase". The only words in the upper left corner are " Follow My Build" on my home page. How do I know if I am on the build page ? On the build page, is this where I would find the words " Gallery Phase" in the upper left corner ?

Al

Hi Everyone,

Brit has a nice product with Follow By Build. The problem is that I don't have the tech savvy to use the product the way that it should be used. By saying that, I am going to cut my losses and give up. Maybe with the winter coming, I will have more time to figure things out. A man has to know his limitations. Clint Eastwood saying. It would have been nice to learn something new but that is not going to happen today.

Thank you to everyone to be listening to me,

Al

Archived