Seattle to Albuquerque, route suggestions

doit2010

Leaving Seattle for the Balloon Fiesta this fall. Can only allow about 6 day travel to and 6 days from Albuquerque back to Seattle. What are your suggestions for a route and campgrounds to stay at?

thanks

Evan

2021 Winnebago 26t 27'1" LONG, TWO SLIDES, WALK A ROUNF BED  August delivery Picked up on the 8th

2012 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid (toad)

2013 F150 EcoBoost

Escapee #97975

WIT Club #157495

Evergreen Winnies

1st RV 2010 Wildwood 5er bunk house

2nd RV used 2001 Itasca Suncrusier

3rd RV Winnebago 22R

4th & finial RV 2021 MW 26T Ford 450 Chassis with the new 7.3lT V8

That means an average of more than 200 miles per day. A great deal will depend upon what length of driving day you choose but I don't usually plan any more than 300 miles per day. Even pushing it up to 400 mpd, you will need 4 travel days so you probably will only be able to spend two days at most in seeing things along the route. Google Maps suggest two routes and if you have not done so, I'd suggest using one to go and the other to return, to at least have different views as you drive. Salt Lake City area has quite a few attractions and would make a pretty good break in long travel days in route.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

My mapping program shows Salt Lake City as a little over half way. After Salt Lake City it shows using US-6 to US-191 to US-491 to US-160 to US-550 to I-25 just North of Albuquerque. Total of a little over 1400 miles. These are all good U.S. highways.

They will take you through Moab where there is Arches National Park, Canyonlands National Park, Kane Creek Road, Potash Lower Colorado Byway, Upper Colorado River UT-128 Scenic Byway, Dead Horse Point State Park, Needles District, and Newspaper Rock.

Next you would go through Cortez where there is Mesa Verde National Park and on to Durango which has a number of things to see and do. Next you will go through Aztec and Bloomfield where Aztec Ruins National Monument and Salmon Ruins are located.

As said, you will not have all that much time so you will have to decide how much distance you can make in a day and pick what interests you most for potential stops.

Thanks for all of the above links, I am planning an extra few day on the back side of this trip so I can do a few of the parks as suggested, wish I could do a month or longer. The links have been very helpful in planning this strip.

I am doing the Balloon Feist with a Winnebago group but plan to stop by the Escapees tent and visit with some escapees also.

Thanks

Evan

2021 Winnebago 26t 27'1" LONG, TWO SLIDES, WALK A ROUNF BED  August delivery Picked up on the 8th

2013 F150 EcoBoost

Escapee #97975

WIT Club #157495

Evergreen Winnies

3rd RV Winnebago 22R

• 1 month later...

We just finished 8 nights camping at Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta, what a wonderful time we had with the tour group at the fiesta. If you have not attended this event its one that must go on your bucket list to do. You need not spend as much time at the event as we did, but there is much to see and do in the area. We stayed in the balloon fiesta RV park with power and water, they also offer dry camping and have a water truck and pump service if need, at an extra charge.[/size]
[/size]
On our way down we stay 5 nights in Moab, UT. We were able to take in Arches National Park, Canyonlands National Park, Potash Lower Colorado Byway, Upper Colorado River UT-128 Scenic Byway, Dead Horse Point State Park, we did not get to Needles District, and [/size]Newspaper Rock. And if your into hiking you will need a lot more time. [/size][/size]

We hope to do these recommended areas sometime in the future, Mesa Verde National Park and on to Durango which has a number of things to see and do. Next you will go through Aztec and Bloomfield where Aztec Ruins National Monument and Salmon Ruins are located.
Thanks to “trailertravler” for all of the about suggestions and routing. We did stay in Bloomfield at Earp & James Hitching Posts RV Park. It was a nice overnighter park on our way south.
Evan

2013 F150 EcoBoost

Escapee #97975

WIT Club #157495

Evergreen Winnies

3rd RV Winnebago 22R

Archived