Getting to tanks on Monarch

I want to install a See Level tank level monitoring system on my 2006 Monaco Monarch. Also need to lube dump valve cables. Can I get to tanks (black, gray and fresh) by removing large plastic "control" panel in wet bay? It won't be easy to remove, but that looks like my only option. I don't want to pull the panel if it won't access the tanks.

Jim  Corey

2006 Monaco Monarch 30 pdd

'12 Honda CRV toad

I looked at doing a similar operation on our 2000 Monarch . Our panel is still in it's original position as I saw no way to really do what I wanted without major pains . I use a push rod to totally close the black valve because the cable makes a pretty fair dip and never totally closed the valve . I push on the gate valve rod 'nut' and that closes it tight . Both cables get lubed via a small hole I drilled in the T handle rod collars on the outside of the panel . The holes are drilled deep enough to see the shafts move and at about a 45° angle . The little red tubes that come on spray lube cans fits nicely into those holes , but I still hold a rag around the area to catch what gets blown out . I also reach under the panel and lube the rods for the gate valves occasionally , which helps a lot .

I have no idea how you'd get to the tanks to install a level indicator . We never use them , other than the sound we recognize as the black reaching full and the difference the drain makes for the grey . A lot of times we simply go by time . The black gets dumped about every third time for the grey .

Goes around , comes around .

Your method of sensing tank levels is what most of us use☺. About as accurate as the factory sensors. But I'd like a little better indication, particularly when boondocking.

Jim  Corey

2006 Monaco Monarch 30 pdd

'12 Honda CRV toad

Archived