Clever,Multifunctional Furniture/Items -anyone have/see anything?

mysticmd

Hi - wondering if anyone has or has seen any multifunctional furniture for their RV? For instance, the soft storage cube ottomans (15-17" range) are good if you don't have recliner, but I'm trying to find one that I cld use as a step stool also to reach vents, so has to be built strong and stable enough to hold an adult. I've seen the ladderchairs, but don't need a wooden straight back chair per se. Just wondering what clever items RVers have that they wouldn't mind sharing info. Clever, multi-function kitchen uses would be appreciated, also. Thank you. - Mary

My wife added foam and Ultra Leather to the side and top of a plastic file box - Like this one HERE so it doubled as a hassock/footrest and file cabinet. Worked well.

Clay(WA5NMR), Lee(Wife), Katie & Kelli (cats)
Full timed for eleven years in our 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N Workhorse chassis. Snowbirds for 1 year. Now settled down in western CO.
Honda Accord toad.

Miller's Amazing Magic Table is pretty cool. It's a magazine rack, a stool, an end table. a coffee table and as a table the height is adjustable. Not cheap but anything worth having isn't cheap. nAvailable in several hardwoods.

Google the name.

Ron

We purchased a couple of ottomans from IKEA as footrests when we (or someone) are sitting on the couch. They are very sturdy with a steel frame. One we use for storing all the brochures, travel guides, etc. as we collect them on our travels. The other we use as storage for the small items we have have out when parked, but do not want to leave out when we are traveling. While they are not "rated" as a step stool, I have used them (as has the DW) in a pinch to get up in the higher cabinets.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60263475/#/20266701

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

Neat ideas , you guys! Chalkie: That's the first steel framed one I've seen, most being 'foldable cardboard'(!) now. Has potential. Zulu: Looks good, including that comfy chair behind it! RonMon - love those types of pieces of furniture. I've got a very large, round (nonRV) rolling coffee table that has gas shocks that adjusts easily from coffee table to dining table heights - but it's a monster and it stays home. Clay: Your wife must be a good crafter to make it look decent. Me? I turned a Rubbermaid container upside down so the top was smooth and didn't dig into my ankles. I won't be able to stand on it, but.... if I get some sort of adjustable step for reaching vents (think drywall step/platform), then I cld use that for stepping off the last giant step of the pull down outside stairs, and possible an end table. It won't be pretty but it wld be multifunctional! Then the plastic file box cld turn into storage for the dogs' sleeping pads, toys,etc. Thank you all for your ideas. This forum certainly helps. - Mary

Archived