Dometic 2410 Acting Strange

VtChris

Why would my RV fridge Dometic 2410 work perfectly on propane and then freeze my veggies and go down to 20 on electric? Readjusting the thermostat doesn't make a difference. Plus it takes 2 days for this to happen. The fridge is just 4 years old and up till now has worked perfectly on the 3 setting and I often switched back and forth from propane to electric (no DC setting), being a full timer it has had a lot of use!

"Endless good in endless ways"

Does your 2410 have the piezo ignition system and you have to manually light the propane each time you shift to propane and there is no automatic position so you must manually select either propane or 120V?

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Does your 2410 have the piezo ignition system and you have to manually light the propane each time you shift to propane and there is no automatic position so you must manually select either propane or 120V?

"Endless good in endless ways"

I just located a copy of the RM2410 service manual on the website of Bryant RV.

Item 11 in the trouble shooting guide suggests that the symptom which you have is caused by either the thermostat or the wiring harness. Since the harnesses seldom fail, I'd bet on the thermostat. A friend and I have both studied the manual and are fairly sure that the thermostat is the problem.

Here is a copy of the RM 2410 parts list from Scamp trailers. The thermostat part from Dometic is 2007199009.

It is called a Dometic 2410 refrigerator dual gas electric thermostat and is available from several parts houses, generally about $85.

1546057.jpg

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived