Kenwood TS 940S Transceiver, my Dad's rig

Paul James

My father, a longtime ham radio enthusiast and a great guy, passed away not long ago. He left behind his rig, a Kenwood transceiver TS-940S, an SM 220 Station Monitor, MC-60 mic and SP-940 speaker. There is also a Bencher key.

I know this is a popular rig among some hams, but don't know it's working condition or it's value. I live in Northern NJ and would like to have the components evaluated and try to price it for sale, but am at a loss as to how to go about doing so.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Paul

I am a ham. Go to a site like Eham.net or orz and go to the classifieds page and see what they are going for used.

Steve and Joy

Amateur Radio Operator WZ1T . . .  Flex 6600 M,  Flex PGXL, Flex TGXL, 

2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . Lincoln MKX Toad

The Kids . . . Yogi the Yorkie  passed 10/20/2018. . . Cookie the Chihuahua passed 11/30/2017 . . . Cooper the Aussie Doodle passed 3/10/2020

Abbie  and Abel  the Doodles . . . Brother and Sister Born 02/02/2020   . . . Lucy the Yorkie . . . and Axel  . . .The Bernie Doodle

Where We Are Now

Just did a search and the 940s is selling for about $650 in good working condition on the ham classified sites.

Steve and Joy

The Kids . . . Yogi the Yorkie  passed 10/20/2018. . . Cookie the Chihuahua passed 11/30/2017 . . . Cooper the Aussie Doodle passed 3/10/2020

Abbie  and Abel  the Doodles . . . Brother and Sister Born 02/02/2020   . . . Lucy the Yorkie . . . and Axel  . . .The Bernie Doodle

Where We Are Now

Where are you located? I might have a contact or 2 that can help you. Or better yet donate it to the local ham radio club in your fathers name.

Steve and Joy

Where We Are Now

Ranger.. I'm out in Warren County just off Rt.80, about 15 miles from the PA border. But I'm over in Morris County all the time, and only about 50 minutes from Bergen County which is just across the river from NYC. So basically, anywhere in north jersey is doable for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived