ACE

jimd40

Sorry Jim, no. When we were shopping we did give one a try and didn't care for it. Some basics need to be better addressed:

1) much more improved sound/head blanket for the doghouse - was a summer trial and it was way too warm and way too loud.

2) steering centering bar or front anti sway bar should come standard because you need it from the get go to be comfortable.

3) redesign on the cargo compartments/doors: while felt solid, were cheesy in the shape and seals. Gives you the impression of goodly storage but really there isn't

Redeeming points in our book. At the time we had a 25ft class C. The ACE offered a much roomier feel. If was stuck deciding between a C and the ACE I would lean heavily to the ACE if destinations were mostly established campgrounds and the like. Boondocking or out in the back beyond, I would lean to the Class C.

This is all based on shopping a couple of years ago so things could have changed.

Berkshire XL 40QL

Camphosting and touring

We looked at them before buying the rig in my signature. While there were things that we liked about the ACE, one of the main things that swayed us against them were their poor wheelbase-to-length ratios (about 53% and under).

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

We don't own, but we rented one for a week. We loved the floor plan and I found it pretty easy to drive down the California coastal highway. But we also found the furnishings and appliances to be pretty low-end. If you're looking to try one, you can rent from RoadBear RV. They sell their entire inventory at the end of each year too. Nice folks.

2004 Fleetwood Southwind 37A

Retired and loving it!

www.milesandsmiles.us

event.png

Archived