Garmin 760 Camera Question

I recently bought the garmin 760 LMT with camera (BC 20). The GPS works fine.

I'm having trouble getting the camera to work. I connected the transmitter to a 12v outlet in my trailer that I know is hot. Backed my tow with the gps near the trailer. The total distance from the gps to the transmitter was 20' max. I didn't get a camera indicator on the gps indicating they were in sync.

So I laid the camera and transmitter in the passenger seat right next to the gps and connected directly to the 12v battery. Nothing.

I'm at a loss for trouble shooting.

The BC 20 manual says to pair the device mount and camera transmitter (if necessary) by holding down the pairing button on the back of the mounting bracket. What pairing button? I haven't been able to find one.

The RV 760 manual only has a 2 option description for the camera. Option 1 is for non-wireless camera and Option 2 is for connecting to reverse lights vs battery.

The BC 20 manual focuses on the physical installation of the camera. By connecting directly to the battery and placing the transmitter and camera next to the GPS, I eliminated a possible installtion problem. I just want to make sure the camera works before I install it.

Questions:

1. Does anyone know where/what the pairing button on a 760 is?

2. How do I determine where the problem is? GPS - Transmitter - Camera - Me

3. Any ideas on what to try or what I'm not doing?

Thanks

ETA: Not really my first post. I wasn't able to login with my old id.

ETA 2: I found the sync button on the mount for the gps, not the gps itself. Tried resyncing and still nothing. Decided to try again about 10 minutes later and the camera synced right up without me doing anything but powering on the gps. Strange. I'll just accept that it works and not wonder why!

ETA: Not really my first post. I wasn't able to login with my old id.

ETA 2: I found the sync button on the mount for the gps, not the gps itself. Tried resyncing and still nothing. Decided to try again about 10 minutes later and the camera synced right up without me doing anything but powering on the gps. Strange. I'll just accept that it works and not wonder why!

Welcome back! Just wondering what your previous ID was and how long you have been gone?

On the camera system, I'll be very interested to hear more about your use of it as it is something that I'm considering. Do you plan to mount the camera on the rear of the RV and if so, does it now work? Is your RV of fiberglass siding, or aluminum? I have considered upgrading to one of those but and waiting to see how it works out for some others first.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Did you replace the mounting thingy (receiver) on the back of the garmin display. The new one came with the camera. I mounted mine high on the truck to look down the top of th Rv. Works great for over all viewing of a back in spot and I can see tree limbs. Kinda scared the crap out of me on a low bridge one day thought.

2009 Volvo 780. D-16 500hp 1850 torque with a Herrin hauler bed.

2015 Continental Coach

2008 650cc Suzuki Bergman

2013 Mustang GT 500 convertible

2014 Smartcar convertible

WWW.Hollyfab.com. (Metal Fabrication Company)

Jamesc@hollyfab.com (preferred contact method)

Welcome back! Just wondering what your previous ID was and how long you have been gone?

On the camera system, I'll be very interested to hear more about your use of it as it is something that I'm considering. Do you plan to mount the camera on the rear of the RV and if so, does it now work? Is your RV of fiberglass siding, or aluminum? I have considered upgrading to one of those but and waiting to see how it works out for some others first.

I have a 14' fiberglass trailer. I plan on mounting it on the rear primarily to eliminate the blind spot while driving. I will also use it for backing up. I'm thinking of adding another to my tow to help with hookup, as I travel by myself.

My old id was huck and I hadn't used it for a couple of years. It still shows in the member list.

Did you replace the mounting thingy (receiver) on the back of the garmin display. The new one came with the camera. I mounted mine high on the truck to look down the top of th Rv. Works great for over all viewing of a back in spot and I can see tree limbs. Kinda scared the crap out of me on a low bridge one day thought.

I bought the gps with camera, so I had the right mount. I think that pressing the sync button on the mount was probably what got mine to work. The thing was, when I pressed it, there was no indication it was trying to sync. But later when I plugged it back in, it came up in sync. Going to play with it again today.

Archived