hydlralic pump runs too much on slideout

GlennWest

Our Teton has the DeWald Manufacturing system on our slide outs. It works slides fine. It also continues to cycle pump for up to 30 minutes after the slides are in or out. It just started this. Is this a sign of low fluid? It is annoying and disturbs our pets.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

I would guess that it is indeed a sign of hydraulic fluid being low. Have you checked for a leak? Good luck. Dennis

Trailer: Montana 5th wheel, model 3582Rl, model year 2012

Truck: Ford 450 PSD Super Duty, 2002 Crew Cab, Long bed, 4:88 rear end, last of the 7.3 engines, Automatic Transmission.

• 3 weeks later...

I had this same problem and it is a solenoid that controls the power to the hydraulic pump. Mine had 3 separate solenoid a one for each slide, some newer ones have only one. Hope this helps. If I remember right the cost of the solenoid was about $70.00 Canadian

<p>1999 Teton Presige Tucson, 21,000 lb Hijacker under mount hitch /2013 GMC 3500 HD LTZ CC D/A 4X4

Archived