What is the size of (diameter) of chrome exhaust pipe?

Under the category of "STUFF HAPPENS", while driving to Tucson, my tail pipe fell off from the muffler to the end of the chrome extension.

I have a 1999 Dutch Star MH with the side radiator. The exhaust tip comes out the passenger side very near the rear passenger side of the MH.

At the muffler, the diameter is 5", but if my memory serves me correctly, the exhaust tip is 3"--4" in diameter. I am pretty sure that it is NOT 5".

Secondly, does the reducer in the elbow coming out of the muffler? There is only about 10" from the end of the muffler to the end of the MH, so if it DOES reduce, it doesn't have much room to do it.

Does anyone have a similar model MH that could check theirs, and measure it or even better, measure it and send a picture.

THANKS! and have a Blessed Thanksgiving!

Traveling America in "God's Grace"

My Spartan chassis with Cummins ISC engine has 5" chrome tip. I seriously doubt any engine mfgr. would approve of reducing the size of the tail-pipe for a diesel engine. Engine performance depends on getting the exhaust away from the turbo as fast as possible.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

RayIN, on 18 Nov 2015 - 10:19 PM, said:

My Spartan chassis with Cummins ISC engine has 5" chrome tip. I seriously doubt any engine mfgr. would approve of reducing the size of the tail-pipe for a diesel engine. Engine performance depends on getting the exhaust away from the turbo as fast as possible.

Agreed, it wouldn't make sense to reduce the size of the exhaust outlet creating a bottleneck for no good reason, and if I had one I would replace it,

my muffler is starting to rust....soon I am going to remove it and eliminate it....straight pipe all the way and no restrictions at all.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

my muffler is starting to rust....soon I am going to remove it and eliminate it....straight pipe all the way and no restrictions at all.

My muffler(original) is a straight-through, free-flow type. Everyone who follows me in a caravan says they can hear my exhaust over any other MH they follow. When it rusts out, straight-pipe all the way can't be any louder.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Archived