Livingston TX PPO available (off exchange)

Hi all,

I'm a new full-timer, still on COBRA from my previous employer, and trying to figure out the healthcare options for next year.

One general statement I've heard a lot is that there are no PPO available for those domiciled in Livingston TX. However, it looks to me that there is one available off-exchange from Humana (Bronze 6450/ChoiceCare PPO +). It's not cheap, but it does look to me to provide national coverage, no primary care requirement, etc. Is there something about this plan that I'm missing that would make it undesirable for full timers?

thanks

Jason.

Wow, $847 for the Human Bronze PPO. And I thought BCBS was bad last year.... I'm not subsidized since I make too much retirement income. Of course, by the time they take all my money with insurance I'll be well into the subsidized area... :( Fortunately I start Medicare in June.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

You are correct Jason. Off Exchange options are available through the Humana PPO and UnitedHealthcare EPO in Polk County. Both have national networks.

Kyle, after spending over an hour with my rep on Healthcare.gov trying to get the United Healthcare Silver One Choice EPO he could not find this plan on the UHC site. I am purchasing off the exchange and he understood that.( he even got his supervisor involved )

I ended up with the Humana PPO. Just thought I would let you know.

I also will go to Medicare in October 2016.

Jeanie and John

Ford F-250 super crew

Americana 34/35 GS (it's a Forest River Cardinal with extras)

Archived