Can WiFi Ranger Antenna and Wilson Trucker Antenna coexist ?

Ramblin Reck

I'm going to purchase a wilson (weboost) 4g cradle and a Wilson Trucker Spring-Mount Antenna to use together with a (new) jetpack.

Can I install this antenna on my Batwing together with my Wifi ranger elite antenna? Can these two antennas co-exist mounted so closely without any RF interference?

George and Ann Marie

2014 Cedar Creek 36CKTS, 640W of Solar

2012 Ram 3500, DRW, Cummins, Big Horn, Q20, Retrax Pro

Retired US Army

I'm no expert on this, but the two antennas are operating in totally different frequency bands. I wouldn't expect to see much of a problem unless the radiated field from one antenna impacted the electronics required for the other. With both antennas on the roof well above their associated electronics I wouldn't think there would be significant interference.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

If you bat wing is electric I would worry more about weight than interference. I'm already having issues and just have the wifi antenna only on it. Going to replace the hydrolic cylinder to compensate for the weight.

Just my .02 worth

JC

2009 Volvo 780. D-16 500hp 1850 torque with a Herrin hauler bed.

2015 Continental Coach

2008 650cc Suzuki Bergman

2013 Mustang GT 500 convertible

2014 Smartcar convertible

WWW.Hollyfab.com. (Metal Fabrication Company)

Jamesc@hollyfab.com (preferred contact method)

We just did this ourself as well. We installed a Wilson Weboost 4G and also a WiFI Ranger. We installed the Wilson Booster on the 12V circuit because we need cell boost when remote camping but we use the 120V plug on the WIFI ranger because we are always in campgrounds plugged into "shore power" when using that. The Wilson actually has an on/off switch so we've never had them on at the same time and therefor never had any issues with them coexisting up there.

Randy Charrette

2014 Kodiak 240BHSL

www.pedaladventures.com (our travels)

www.axelproject.com (our non-profit)

Also, the Wilson had a small magnetic antenna. I used silicon to "glue" down a 6"X6" metal plate and put the antenna on that. The WIFI ranger I mounted on the TV antenna with the supplied hose clamps.

Randy Charrette

2014 Kodiak 240BHSL

www.pedaladventures.com (our travels)

www.axelproject.com (our non-profit)

Also, the Wilson had a small magnetic antenna. I used silicon to "glue" down a 6"X6" metal plate and put the antenna on that. The WIFI ranger I mounted on the TV antenna with the supplied hose clamps.

My WiFi ranger is installed on my crankup batwing. I want to install the larger wilson antenna on the batwing as well. Just not sure if the three antennas would play nice RF together. I want to have the 4G booster on all the time, so my jetpack can be tethered to the go2 router.

George and Ann Marie

Retired US Army

You can have the antennas close together. However, all current models of the 'trucker antennas' don't support all LTE/4G bands. We don't generally recommend them.

Cherie & Chris (and Kiki *meow*) / Personal Blog: Technomadia.com
Technomads (technology enabled nomads) since 2006

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:
Zephyr: 1961 GM 4106 bus conversion / Blooper: 2020.5 Winnebago Travato GL Boat: Y-Not: 1999 Bayliner 4788

Hosts of the Mobile Internet Resource Center
Mobile Internet Information for RVers, Cruisers & Nomads
Proud to be recognized as Escapee's Commercial Partners #773 / Escapees RVOU Instructors

You can have the antennas close together. However, all current models of the 'trucker antennas' don't support all LTE/4G bands. We don't generally recommend them.

OK, good to know. Thank you! I will look at other antennas that support LTE/4G.

George and Ann Marie

Retired US Army

Archived