Roof Sealant

My RV roof has been through several cold and hot temperature extremes during its life. I recently cleaned it and applied the conditioner to protect it, but it looks quite crackly. Do either the ProFlex RV Roof sealant or the CoolCoat Rubber Roof Ceramic coating products work to give the roof new life? If so, which one works better? I'm trying to be proactive to avoid water damage. Thanks.

Barbara Jones, missing my furry travel companions Reggie and M.E.C.O. (RIP)
2005 Montana 3295RK
2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Diesel Dually Crew Cab LB
http://www.spacetonature.blogspot.com

Am I correct that you recently purchased the RV and so do not know the history of it? And you have a roof of rubber(EDPM)? There are several companies that make products for this purpose, but I have no actual experience with those designed to go over an EDPM directly but have used one of the products of that type that was designed to go over a metal roof. I have heard some good reports on two different products, the Kool Seal and also the one from Dicor. I am not familiar with either of the products that you asked about.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

No, I have owned this RV since 2006 and it was essentially new. It spent several years in TX and quite a few in WI. The roof doesn't have holes, but looks crackly. I was thinking that it needed more than just the conditioner/UV protectant to extend its life. It's EPDM and the products I was referring to come in gallon containers and are brushed on. I'm hoping I don't have to replace the entire roof yet.

Barbara Jones, missing my furry travel companions Reggie and M.E.C.O. (RIP)
2005 Montana 3295RK
2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Diesel Dually Crew Cab LB
http://www.spacetonature.blogspot.com

We are using the EPDM Coatings Brand of roof coating on our 1999 Bounder. It's too big a job to use just any roof coating and have it fail later. Because of weather, I have only been able to do part of the roof, but the application was easy and it seems to do well. The section done, looks like a new roof. The company claims a 10 year warranty. So far so good. If the daily deluge of rains here ever stop long enough, I will finish. We are considering renting a covered storage spot for a month to finish. Chuck

58dd65872f8a7_ReducedRVandCar.jpg.cf7b626fb3b5b05ebc20cb05195193a2.jpg

Chuck and Susan      1999 Fleetwood Bounder 34            Triton V10 on Ford Chassis

Archived