PowerGear warning Light

chuckbear

Did a search but couldn't find anything. The PowerGear jacks are down warning light and buzzer stays on even though all four jacks are fully in the up positions. The light stays on and the warning buzzer starts when the emergency brake is released. I have tried extending them and retracting several times, retracting them, turning the engine and ignition off and then restarting then engine. It still stays on. Anyone else had this problem, what did you do to correct it? Thanks. Chuck

58dd65872f8a7_ReducedRVandCar.jpg.cf7b626fb3b5b05ebc20cb05195193a2.jpg

Chuck and Susan      1999 Fleetwood Bounder 34            Triton V10 on Ford Chassis

Chuck I have the power gear jacks on my coach and I agree with Biker as it happened to me. The jacks were up but the alarm was still going. The fluid in the reservoir which is automatic transmission fluid by the way, returns to the reservoir as the jacks retract....there is a float in there to turn off the switch for the lights and alarm. I had to add about a quart to mine when this happened. On mine the instructions say to add tranny fluid till it wont take any more and flows out the add port.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

I checked the fluid today and it is at the bottom of what appears to be an insert at the fill cap. It looks like it won't take much, but I don't have the right transmission fluid. I will get some tomorrow and give it a try. Thanks. Chuck

58dd65872f8a7_ReducedRVandCar.jpg.cf7b626fb3b5b05ebc20cb05195193a2.jpg

Chuck and Susan      1999 Fleetwood Bounder 34            Triton V10 on Ford Chassis

Ours did this too and it didn't take much to make a difference and make the light and alarm go off. We've even been a little low and going around a corner made it happen - then after turn completed, it shut off again. We didn't know what it was at the time. We do now and find that we have to add some after we have been parked for a long period of time ( a few months).

Pat DeJong

Archived