Is Viginia for HDT's

ATCBoomer

I know Virginia is for lovers, but does anyone know anything about how they treat HDT owners. Uncle Sam is moving me from Jersey down the road to Virgina in August and I'm just trying to figure out if and how I can register my truck there. Being military I can leave it registered in Jersey as a private truck if I have to, but I will have to bring it back up to jersey every September to get the diesel emissions test done. That's not a big deal if I decide to keep it registered in Jersey. Just curious if we have any members in VA that might have any insight into this process. Thanks in advance.

I live in Virginia Beach. VA will register them as private trucks but not as an RV.

Chet

Chet & Deb
'01 Volvo 660 w/ Smart
'19 Forest River Columbus 320RS 5th wheel
2022 Chev 2500HD Long Bed
Retired CWO4, USN and federal service
Electronics Tech/Network Engineer/Welder/Machinist

Thanks Chet. We're headed to Langley AFB. Maybe it won't be a big deal for me considering it's registered as private truck already. Looks like they charge the same way they do in Jersey, by gvwr of the vehicle. Thanks for the info.

Don't know about Jersey however remember VA has pretty hefty annual personal property taxes. Those taxes are not the same across the state but rather by municipality's

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Archived