Second trip....much better

jtl2

We picked up the trailer Friday after they had re-synced the slide motors and went camping for two nights. Stayed two nights at Springfield which is a great COE campground on Lake Hartwell. The trailer did well, no hiccups this time, slides worked and overall very good experience. Now we will try and get it stocked with all the items we use each time instead of hauling a truck bed full of stuff. We didn't buy a lot of stuff to start with, because we wanted to see what we actually used on a trip and also just jot down what we wished we had with us during the trip.

Thanks again to everyone for the info and encouragement.

John

Thanks for sharing the good experience! Everyone has a bad one eventually, so you have now had yours and there is no reason not to expect good times ahead.

This brings up a topic I was just discussing with someone this morning.

We are dealing with mechanical equipment here. Some of it kinda complex. We have a pretty complex 5er and there are lots of very complex motorhomes out there....especially the bigger bus-types.

You ARE going to have problems.It is just the nature of the beast. HOW you feel about the problems, and how you handle them, seems to impact the amount of time some people stay on the road. Having been on the road for 15 years we have had our issues. My take on it is that it is a mechanical system, we will fix it, and then be on our way. Just like in a house, things break. We try not to let it "color" out outlook on the lifestyle.

Archived