New to boo docking...how long will 96 gallons of water last?

usaperuvian

This subject came up on another forum. One forum member reports that their 75 gallon water tank lasts this couple 7 days, including a shower per week each while boondocking - taking sponge baths to refresh daily. Another frugal full-timer replied that they can stretch 60 gallons of water for up to 2 weeks, including daily showers! They say they don't recycle their own urine, but I don't believe it. wink.gif

My DW and I use about 10 gallons every 2 days, mainly when we shower, which uses about 3 gallons each. We have a Oxygenics shower head and take "Navy" showers every 2-3 days - wetting down, turning the water off to soap up, and turning it back on to rinse off. At this rate 100 gallons would last 20 days, similar to the previous poster, assuming you have enough holding tank capacity.

Chip

An informative thread, thanks.

Myself and wife, could easily make do 2 weeks on 100 gal. fresh tank. Yes, the black tank was a limiting factor, as it was only 50 gal.

Wow, 50 gallons is a lot of bodily waste. Our 3 gallon cassette toilet tank lasts the two of us about 6 days before we need to dump, so at this rate, 50 gallons would last us about 100 days.

Unless you mean a 50 gallon gray tank is your limiting resource, which is understandable.

Chip

Archived