Water Leak

dswhite

Just had a water fitting come loose under the sink. Water ended up in the belly of our 5th wheel and was running out from the screw holes holding up the cover on the bottom of the rv. The underbelly is filled with insulation.

Any recommendations as to whether to leave it alone, remove the underbelly cover & let dry or remove the underbelly cover and remove all the wet insulation and reinsulate or ?????. :(

Thanks,

Dave

David & Sandi
2010 Silver Fox 29 5T
2011 Silverado 3500HD Crew, SB, SRW
Duramax, 6 spd Allison
2018 Polaris Ranger XP 1000

Dave,

First, let me welcome you to the forum. We look forward to your active participation.

You would probably be fine just opening a few areas of the underbelly and letting it dry out well. If you are in an arid location this won't take long. Perhaps a fan or two might help. Unless the insulation has been wet for a very long time I would not bother replacing it.

2000 Volvo 770, 500HP/1650FP Cummins N14 and 10 Speed Autoshift 3.58 Rear 202" WB, 2002 Teton Aspen Royal 43 Foot, Burgman 650 Scooter

I would suggest placing some water alarms under the water heater, sinks and such places to warn you of leaks before they become a major problems. Ours saved us once. Search for them on Amazon. Greg

http://www.amazon.com/Zircon-Leak-Alert-Electronic-Batteries/dp/B002Q8GRPG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1423672259&sr=8-2&keywords=water+alarms

Greg & Judy Bahnmiller
Class of 2007
2014 F350
2007 HitchHiker Champagne

Both sold 2/19, settled in Foley, AL after 12 years on the road

http://bahnmilleradventure.blogspot.com/

Thanks everyone. Good suggestions. I have an RV guy coming out Friday to open it up & dry it out. I would have tried it myself but I was having trouble figuring out which end of the screwdriver was the handle.

David

David & Sandi
2010 Silver Fox 29 5T
2011 Silverado 3500HD Crew, SB, SRW
Duramax, 6 spd Allison
2018 Polaris Ranger XP 1000

• 2 weeks later...

Archived