10 IPOs to watch in 2015 and what they could mean for their markets

RV_

On another thread here it was said to invest a small 5-10% in individual stocks only in an industry or technology or CEO/owner that you know. I totally agree. Too few folks do this and just let their analysts handle it. I'm sure everyone here knows about my one stock and how long I followed Musk and his various endeavors.

Here is an interesting article from today's Tech Republic which are the anticipated game changers for 2015 IPOs.

Excerpt:

"An IPO usually has big implications for a company and its market. Here are 10 tech IPOs to watch for this year.

An initial public offering (IPO) is a pivotal point in the life of a startup -- when equity shares of the public for the first time. Startup founders lay their hard work before the scrutiny of shareholders and the market.

Still, IPOs put the company at hand in a better position to further access capital, as well increasing its media exposure and building out its public image. There are many factors that determine if a company is ready for an IPO. You can find some of them here.

For tech companies, 2014 was a strange year for the IPO market. Big name brands like Twitter and Facebook got a slow start as public companies, but e-commerce giant Alibaba took the title of largest IPO in history at a whopping $25 billion.

According to John C. Edmunds, a professor of finance at Babson College, the IPO market is looking very good right now, along with the venture capital industry. This should drive some good activity in the space in 2015.

Here are 10 IPOs slated for 2015 that could have a big impact on their respective markets.

Read about all ten in the article here: http://www.techrepublic.com/article/10-ipos-to-watch-in-2015-and-what-they-could-mean-for-their-markets/?tag=nl.e101&s_cid=e101&ttag=e101&ftag=TRE684d531

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Archived