Escapade as a walk-in

Hi all,

I've been trying to pre-register for Escapade as a weekly walk-in and, in fact, posted a question on this subject a few months ago. At first Livingston told me I couldn't, and then they told me I could. So today I tried to actually do it and am now a bit confused as to when the seminars actually begin.

Escapade runs from Sunday, March 8th thru Friday, March 13th. Do those attending in an RV arrive on the 7th, and seminars begin Sun. AM, the 8th? Or do the RVs arrive on the 8th, with seminars beginning on that same day? Can someone clarify for me?

Thanks!

-- Connie

We haven't attended an Escapade since 2007; however, at that time (and for all the previous one's we'd attended), the first day (the 8th, in this case) is the day for getting parked, picking up your packets, and getting the lay of the land. The actual seminars don't start until the following day. As I recall, the last day (the 13th) also didn't have any seminars, but I think there was a good-bye ceremony before everyone packs up and leaves.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

Thanks Linda. I've attended Escapades in the past too, but have been in a sticks/bricks for the last 5 years. How you're remembering it, is how I remember it. But when I phoned Escapees/Livingston earlier today, she told me that the seminars begin the morning of the 8th and the RVs come in on the 7th.

I'm hoping someone involved in Escapade will jump in here and clear things up for me. Since I'm going to have to stay in a motel (I pick up my new MH in April), it will make a difference as far as which nights I need to reserve.

-- Connie

Last year in Goshen there was a general welcome meeting in the afternoon of the arrival day, but the seminars did not start until the next morning. Also no seminars on the departure day.

We are planning on going as walk-ins this year since we are already in Tucson for the winter. Have not registered yet.

It would be nice if the organizers could post a general schedule in advance.

Dennis & Nancy
Tucson, AZ in winter, on the road in summer.

1999 Volvo 610 "Bud" 425 HP Volvo, Super 10 spd.
2005 Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
2013 smart fortwo CityFlame riding on Bud
(Replaced '05 smart first loaded in '06

and '11 smart that gave it's life to save me!)
Our Travel Blog

We too were at Goshen last year but there are differences so just to be sure I'll check with the directors for accurate information about this year. The first day scheduled last year was Monday when there were a full schedule of activities and the opening ceremony at 3 pm. This year the first day is listed as Sunday, March 8 and since the number of days is the same, I'm betting that there will be a full schedule on Sunday this year.

Either I, or one of the Penner's will be back with more information.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Hi Connie,

Molly and I look forward to meeting you at Escapade. As stated above, Escapade opening ceremony is Sunday, March 8 with seminars starting Monday morning at 8:30 AM. Sessions run everyday till about noon on Thursday. A detailed listing with day and times will be added to the Escapade website soon to help those attending plan their days.

Bob Pinner

Escapade Director

Bob and Molly

www.moonriverandwe.blogspot.com
Two drifters...off to see the world....
SKP #73997

Coffee, donuts and breakfast are also a good stop, good and inexpensive (coffee is free) and a great place to meet folks.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

I rode my motorcycle to Springfield, Mo. for the Escapade when it was there. Stayed overnight in a local motel. I don't remember which day of the event I arrived. It was at the Missouri State Fair Grounds. I found a group of people in charge of RV entry and parking and they were sort of helpful. Didn't know where I should park my motorcycle for the day, but did direct me to the "Welcome" area. Parking for Golf Carts and other carts seemed to be quite hap hazard, where ever they would fit it appeared. I sort of did the same with my Motorcycle. The first person I spoke with welcomed my and tried to sign me up for the event. I kept telling her that I was only there for a few hours that day and hoped to be back the next day for an extended visit. They tried to charge me $50 per day. I told them I was not paying $50 to look around for a couple hours and said I would return the next day. I did my wondering and pretended I was supposed to be there. Just didn't have the little lanyard and ID card. No one bothered me.

I returned the next day and think I paid $25 for a day pass. Got my lanyard and ID and spent most of the day looking for something that would interest me. Not much did. There were a few vendors but not all that many. Mostly food. It was a long way from the RV parking area to the Event area. Some type of transportation was needed for most. I don't remember if there was a shuttle or not.

This may have been an atypical event. If I am close to one of the future events I will try a visit again. Will be a walk in and will decide on paying after looking around quite a bit. It certainly was not worth $50 for a day and really not $25. Maybe $5 or $8.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

This may have been an atypical event. If I am close to one of the future events I will try a visit again. Will be a walk in and will decide on paying after looking around quite a bit. It certainly was not worth $50 for a day and really not $25. Maybe $5 or $8.

Some people enjoy them and others don't. I have found that Escapades are much like most things in that what you get out is very dependent upon what you contribute. I don't think that I would go to one just to walk around either, but we always get involved in things.

Hi Connie,

Molly and I look forward to meeting you at Escapade. As stated above, Escapade opening ceremony is Sunday, March 8 with seminars starting Monday morning at 8:30 AM. Sessions run everyday till about noon on Thursday. A detailed listing with day and times will be added to the Escapade website soon to help those attending plan their days.

Bob Pinner

Escapade Director

Hi Bob. Thanks so much for your reply. During my conversation with Livingston yesterday, the gal told me twice that seminars begin Sun. AM and that RVs would arrive and park on Sat., the 7th. Also, I was discouraged from pre-registering and was told It would be easier to register when I arrive. I think that I'll phone them back on Monday and (kindly) insist that I be allowed to pre-register. I'd like to have my ticket in-hand and not have to fill out paperwork when I get there. Thanks again for your help. Wish me luck on Monday and I'll see you at Escapade!

-- Connie

We'll be there sometime on the 7th and we look forward to meeting some of our fellow Escapees.

I have to agree with "You get out what you put in".

Works for us in our normal lives. Hence Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Brownies, Girl Scouts. Little League etc etc!!

Long live participation!!

If there is somewhere you can use a couple of NEWBIE's just let us know.

BnB

2009 Monaco Cayman DP 38'

bnbrv.blogspot.com/

When you arrive, once you sign in and pick up your registration package there will be a table there where you can volunteer to help out and they will have a list of things you can sign up to do. Most participants put in a couple of hours one day of the event and in return there is always a special recognition for those who do so. If you should happen to choose to help in one of the security positions, ask for me as I will be one of the Security Assistants for this Escapade. We would love to meet you! And don't forget to attend the forum social that will be on Monday afternoon at 4:30 pm. The location will be on the schedule that you get when you check in.

See you in Tucson! :D

Archived