The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

Who's gong to the Desert Bar and when ? I really want to go 'cause I've never been. And I'm boondocking with some friends from B.C. who also want to go.

p.s. Congratulation Carol & Steve on the sale of your Bessie Bus !!

Denise

Denise, Mike and Julie are the ones that usually lead that but they haven't come up with a date.

Hi gal, nice to see you post here. We are going to Silly Al's this afternoon. Don't know what time yet. Lee

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I re-done the coordinates this morning at the fire ring with my hand held GPS which is very accurate. It showed an accuracy of within 17 feet. Here they are and the are very close to the coordinates that Julie posted.

N 33* 46' 7"

W 114* 10' 13"

OR

N 33* 46.111'

W 114* 10.216'

OR

N 33.76852

W 114.17027

If your GPS does not use the North and West letters but just ask for Lat. & Lon ( latitude and longitude) put a negative sign (-) in front of the 114* figure ie -114.17027.

All the above coordinates are exactly the same. They are just stated in a different (decimal) format.

I hope this clears things up a bit or really confuses every one so they'll be like me.

That's a dozen different co-ordinates. I think we will trust the guru's. And watch for the flags. Anyone made a sign yet?

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

well, well, well, a good time was had by all at Silly Als. and afterwards we had our own fire back at the rigs.

there was no whiskey/beer/margaritas involved at all.

:)

Steve and Carol and their new friends arrived and we had a great time getting to know them.

*we* Are thinking of heading to the Desert Bar on Sat. the 24th.

we have friends who want to go but they are leaving the area on the 25th so,,,,,,,

Toni, its the same basic entrance we have always used. call us and we will meet you.....

Edited by soos

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

*we* Are thinking of heading to the Desert Bar on Sat. the 24th.

we have friends who want to go but they are leaving the area on the 25th so,,,,,,,

Blogger - Fest is on the 24th and I definitely don't want to miss that.

2010 Newmar Canyon Star 3920 (Toy Hauler)

2006 Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC

http://www.sassysondaroad.blogspot.com/
THE FUTURE IS NOW !!

I'm gonna throw out Tuesday the 20th as my friends will likely be leaving towards the end of the week.

I don't even know where it is ????

Denise - Go today. Desert Bar is only open on the weekends. It's easy to get to and sure the internet has exact GPS coordinates.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

I'm gonna throw out Tuesday the 20th as my friends will likely be leaving towards the end of the week.

only open on Sat. & Sun. Noon to sunset.

We are going next Sat. We do not blog....just love to read them.

I think Sunday is our spaghetti night, so do not want to go then.

Julie

Happiness is a voyage, not a destination,

There is no better time to be happy than... NOW

Awww CRAP ! Didn't know that so thanks for telling me or else I would have gone there on Tuesday !! LOL

Guess it will have to be next year then as I've already made plans for today.

Denise

2010 Newmar Canyon Star 3920 (Toy Hauler)

2006 Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC

http://www.sassysondaroad.blogspot.com/
THE FUTURE IS NOW !!

Denise - Go today. Desert Bar is only open on the weekends. It's easy to get to and sure the internet has exact GPS coordinates.

Denise, coords are: 34.201508,-114.148989 you can file that for next year!

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Ok folks, ARE YOUR READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?

GO SEA-PACK :D

GO COLTS

Joe

That's what we'll be doing. We'll be rooting for the Seahawks today for sure!

Hope that you seagull fans like eating crow! :D You may like to try it with some cheese topping...goes down easier...LOL! :P

GO PACK!!!!!

Roger & Lynn Rempe

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

I have a spot all picked out and will post gps but Denise it's right about where we were 2 years ago when Freddie and Delcie, Doug and I were on one side and you and Jeri were along the wash. Instead of turning left, turn right.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Sure glad the Seahawks finally decided to show up for their football game. What a great second half. Sorry all you Pack fans.

We haven't told Steve and Carol yet. They are recording it. Shhhhhh

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

WOW, what a finish. Now about that CROW, thinkin maybe the Cheese Heads need to try a bit of SEAGULL. :lol: Would have been better if the Hawks had showed up for the first 55 minutes of the game.

Joe

I was worried about eating Crow too. Can't say the Seahawks played a good game until the last few minutes but thank goodness they finally woke up.

Toughest ending I've ever had to watch...then I had to consul a tearful wife the rest of the evening. :( Most bizarre...so many plays in the last 4 minutes that had to go Seattle's way for them to win that game. Pick one and the Pack win. Even lost the coin toss and so Rodgers didn't get a chance in O.T. Probably go down as one of the great games in play off history however. Hats off to the Seahawks for doing exactly what was needed to win...now pass me that ketchup those feathers are a bit dry going down! :rolleyes:

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Toughest ending I've ever had to watch...then I had to consul a tearful wife the rest of the evening. :( Most bizarre...so many plays in the last 4 minutes that had to go Seattle's way for them to win that game. Pick one and the Pack win. Even lost the coin toss and so Rodgers didn't get a chance in O.T. Probably go down as one of the great games in play off history however. Hats off to the Seahawks for doing exactly what was needed to win...now pass me that ketchup those feathers are a bit dry going down! :rolleyes:

Roger

Roger,

With 4 minutes left in the game I sent messages to friends that the game was over. I was reaching for the Baaaaaaaaaaad Whiskey to help get that over sized Black Bird to go down. The other folks watching with me felt the same way and we ALMOST turned the game off. Your right, it was something to behold and will most likely become one of the great games in playoff history.

All that aside, in the Big Dance 2 weeks from now, Seattle's Offense will need to play a bit more than 10 minutes of good football if they are gonna repeat.

Joe

GO SEAHAWKS

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Roger,

With 4 minutes left in the game I sent messages to friends that the game was over. I was reaching for the Baaaaaaaaaaad Whiskey to help get that over sized Black Bird to go down. The other folks watching with me felt the same way and we ALMOST turned the game off. Your right, it was something to behold and will most likely become one of the great games in playoff history.

All that aside, in the Big Dance 2 weeks from now, Seattle's Offense will need to play a bit more than 10 minutes of good football if they are gonna repeat.

Joe

GO SEAHAWKS

Yeah, Joe. You even told me that the game was over and the Packs were heading to Superbowl. You were wrong, wrong, wrong. Thank goodness for that!

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

looks like another Q newbie is headed your way.... our first time at the Q (well other than one over nighter a few months ago).. We were planning to go to the Boomer site but Paul sent me coordinates to join your group. After reading about all the dust you folks appear to be in a better boondocking site... see you around 1-2 pm today...

entered the RV fulltime class of 2011 - March!

On the Road to Retirement...zeetraveler.blogspot.com