Guest cindona

Are You Still In?

Am I still in? No, with going private being spoken about where my money would not be liquid, limited to only being able to buy more or sell once or twice a year, I sold at $350.00. I started with $25k at $17-$22.5, then took my capital back in full plus a $5k profit after Tesla passed $100. I kept most of my shares and was playing with house money. Then bought a block at $135 on a dip to $121 but it rose so fast my buy was $135 and my son's buy was at $145 which he was very happy with.

We're moving soon, delayed by finding Colorado Springs' water contaminated from Air Force Firefighting runway and aircraft foam leaching into groundwater. So we're starting from scratch and looking elsewhere. We have the inheritance monies and monies from selling the inherited property liquid, now added to by our stock proceeds. Then we will be selling this paid for 5 acres and new house with workshop on slab, portable building finished out, and whole house natural gas 25kw water cooled four cylinder genset. I am still a Tesla and Musk fan and we are putting in a reservation for a Model 3, and maybe pick up a used Model S P100 later. So even though I think it likely I passed up a possible $420 buyout, I decided to take my profits now so we would not have any more delays. So for those who've followed this journey since 2010, amazed I held through all the fun, We are out for now. We are keeping our USAA funds, and now are prepared for a new investment in property, and perhaps back into Tesla later if it stays public. But LBO is likely with Crown Prince Mohamed bin Salman interested and already looking to get Saudi out of oil dependence. Buying into Tesla falls right in line with Vision 2030: https://www.bing.com/search?q=saudi+2030+vision&pc=MOZI&form=MOZLBR

We are very happy with our Tesla investment, and we aren't done with them. But once we are moved we can assess the market and diversify a bit more than just one stock.

Happy investing! I think the bull will run a while longer. Glad we didn't get out when the bears with 2008 PTSD predicted a crash every six months. Boy did some folks miss a great market run.

Edited by RV_

Sounds like you made a good decision on buying and selling you Tesla stock.  Good luck in the search for a new home.

Jim

Thanks Jim,

Hey! Great news! I called my tax preparer and found that the new tax law makes the first $77k of long term capital gains is tax free! That'll save some capital gains tax. Taxes not my forte.

Edited by RV_

OK now I am looking at Canadian cannabis companies because they are nationally legal and can bank unlike the freak show here in the US

https://www.canopygrowth.com/

https://thecronosgroup.com/

https://www.tilray.com/

I am thinking that there will be some big winners. But no sure thing like Elon on my radar yet. Once moved I will be able to visit some US cannabis company farms.

2 hours ago, RV_ said:

OK now I am looking at Canadian cannabis companies because they are nationally legal and can bank unlike the freak show here in the US

I am thinking that there will be some big winners. But no sure thing like Elon on my radar yet. Once moved I will be able to visit some US cannabis company farms.

I went in with APHQF.

I will. There are some penny stocks in it too that can be lucrative if they go up a penny. I am new to investing other than Tesla, and I already regret selling it almost at the high point for the quarter. But being greedy can cause a loss.

I can tell you that back in the 60s, when we were smoking dope and hanging out on weekends in the Village, I never thought I'd ever see it legal here, let alone be researching investments in weed. I stopped using anything but alcohol when I joined the USAF to date, and don't think I'll be a smoker since I also quit smoking tobacco eight years ago! I was smoking three packs a day!

I like the Canadian companies because they don't have contradictory federal and state laws nor banking restrictions like here because of that. But I will be in Colorado soon. Maybe I'll grow it too:

7 hours ago, RV_ said:

I will. There are some penny stocks in it too that can be lucrative if they go up a penny. I am new to investing other than Tesla, and I already regret selling it almost at the high point for the quarter. But being greedy can cause a loss.

I can tell you that back in the 60s, when we were smoking dope and hanging out on weekends in the Village, I never thought I'd ever see it legal here, let alone be researching investments in weed. I stopped using anything but alcohol when I joined the USAF to date, and don't think I'll be a smoker since I also quit smoking tobacco eight years ago! I was smoking three packs a day!

I like the Canadian companies because they don't have contradictory federal and state laws nor banking restrictions like here because of that. But I will be in Colorado soon. Maybe I'll grow it too:

That is the HUGE piece of Canada leagalizing it, is that there Federal government legalized it. 

Yep,

Once the US legalizes it federally, US marijuana stocks both medical and recreational will skyrocket IMHO. I opened my Tesla position with $25k in 2010 when it was bouncing between $17 and $22.50. In the intervening 8 year took my principal back when it went over $100 and retained 4/5ths of my shares. We then inherited some and sold out a few weeks ago at the high of $352. I may regret exiting very soon if Musk indeed does take it private. I did well.

I see the weed stocks as a major explosive charge whose fuse has been lit in the US. Timing my entry into that arena is easier than timing the market. I just need to see who has done well despite banking restrictions in the past year and leading up to full legalization US wide.

Marijuana is a fantastic opportunity that will explode here soon for those who are ready for it.

The time to do our research is now. Just like I researched Musk and Tesla from 2003 until they finally IPO'd in 2010.

I am not ready yet to commit to one company over another.

Edited by RV_

11 hours ago, RV_ said:

Yep,

Once the US legalizes it federally, US marijuana stocks both medical and recreational will skyrocket IMHO. I opened my Tesla position with $25k in 2010 when it was bouncing between $17 and $22.50. In the intervening 8 year took my principal back when it went over $100 and retained 4/5ths of my shares. We then inherited some and sold out a few weeks ago at the high of $352. I may regret exiting very soon if Musk indeed does take it private. I did well.

I see the weed stocks as a major explosive charge whose fuse has been lit in the US. Timing my entry into that arena is easier than timing the market. I just need to see who has done well despite banking restrictions in the past year and leading up to full legalization US wide.

Marijuana is a fantastic opportunity that will explode here soon for those who are ready for it.

The time to do our research is now. Just like I researched Musk and Tesla from 2003 until they finally IPO'd in 2010.

I am not ready yet to commit to one company over another.

I agree and understand.  Drop me a PM on who you like or decide to go with.

On 8/20/2018 at 5:12 PM, RV_ said:

Apparently one major liquor company (Constellation Brands) purchased Canopy Growth and other big alcohol companies are looking into buying the other weed growers.

Looks like I need to dig in and see what's what. Buying before a takeover can be lucrative In the right circumstances. Thnx!

On 8/25/2018 at 9:18 AM, Rich&Sylvia said:

Apparently one major liquor company (Constellation Brands) purchased Canopy Growth and other big alcohol companies are looking into buying the other weed growers.

From what I understand they bought a percentage of it, not all of it.  I think this happened months ago.  As they wanted to hedge on infusing TMC oils in the future.  Plus I think liquor sales drop when pot is leagal.

Edited by rynosback

Rich, thanks!  Good info on the dual layer solar project results. Sounds a done deal. I'm still researching.

Ryno,

Usually they sell.

10 hours ago, RV_ said:

Rich, thanks!  Good info on the dual layer solar project results. Sounds a done deal. I'm still researching.

Ryno,

Usually they sell.

Do the sell it to many company’s for the right to use there new discovery or do they only license one company?

They can do whatever they want. The Ames labs in 1998/99 developed a working magnetic refrigerator, built a working model, then sold the patent to a company that was a shell company. Buried it. Some folks can now use that patent and once perfected at room temps, will cause A/C units to run on the electricity to run a fan, not a compressor.

OK,

I was out of the market for just a month give or take and I am now in again so I am still in again. I posted about my dope investments in the last 24 hours here on our forums:

These two "Dope" investments are $5k less than my Tesla first investment.

I bought 2000 Shares of Aurora (ACBFF) which I made $1667 on overnight.

I bought 1000 shares of NBEV on which I lost $180.45, and which Coca Cola is thinking about buying to produce beverages with the weed and CBD they buy from Aurora.