I've been trying to sign up with TOGO for 3 days

2 hours on the net, almost had my IMEI and that simcard number memorized trying to get the TOGO page to take it. Finally got past that today when it refused to take the CVC number off either one of two cards. Typed in card numbers over and over no go. Both cards known good, I used them repeated over the last couple days. Including on Amazon and local stores.

Called the 800-331-0500 number and got some offshore service rep. Spent 90 minutes with him, very irritating and seemed to know nothing he finally gave me another 800 number that was for an ATT service but they denied knowing the number. Back online and finally got connected to chat, another 60-90 minutes online with them but they actually seemed to know something. Then started getting random calls on my phone while I was on chat from mystery ATT reps. The chat supervisor finally signed me up for 3 days on TOGO and told me to use the ATT app on my phone to pay.

Burned out right now will try in the morning.

Call me paranoid. I have to suspect ATT is trying to prevent signups, I will be past the supposed signup period tho no one mentions a word about that.

Edited by agesilaus
typo

12 hours ago, agesilaus said:

Call me paranoid. I have to suspect ATT is trying to prevent signups, I will be past the supposed signup period tho no one mentions a word about that.

Would not doubt that since ATT is cancelling the plans. 

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/alert-att-pulling-togo-airstream-360-year-unlimited-data-plans-effective-january-16th-2020/

VisitedStatesMap.gif.d04cfb2dbf883da9dacf9fb5f04520f6.gif

2917 Keystone Montana 3720 Legacy

14' Ram 3500 DRW 

Howdy!

The one thing that the people at Winegard support advised me not to do is not to use a e-mail that I had used in the past to set up the account if I ever had a AT&T or DirecTV account. I did use a e-mail as advised and was able to set up yearly data account without problems.

” Happy Trails”

Chiefneon

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

We we spent 5 days and probably 8-10 hours on the phone, chats, web and finally a last straw visit to the local ATT office. The end result: no data plan. No one would admit knowing anything about TOGO, well that's not quite right after 4 hours one day I did get one rep that knew about it, and she set up a 3 day extension. But she could not take a payment and we never got anyone to admit that they could or would. So SOL