Free OTA streamer Locast has added two more cities

Locast.org, the non-profit that streams locals for free (donations requested) has now added Rapid City and Sioux Falls, SD to their other 9 cities. For Dish and DirecTV subscribers, a Locast app has been added to the current receivers. The website and app must detect that you're in the correct market area to use the service.

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/locast-launches-its-free-live-tv-service-in-south-dakota/

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

But wait, there's more! Locast just added Los Angeles and San Francisco too.

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/locast-launches-its-free-live-tv-service-in-los-angeles-san-francisco/

Dutch

• 4 weeks later...

I use the "Location Guard" extension in the Chrome browser on my PC and the "Fake GPS" app on my Android phone to fool Locast about my actual location. I stream either device to our FireTVstick for watching on the big screen. Locast currently thinks I'm in the San Francisco market area instead of southern Vermont.

Dutch

37 minutes ago, rynosback said:

Would the fame gps app work on the Firestick? I tried to fool the program by setting my location on the Firestick, but it did not fool it.

The Firestick doesn't have GPS capability. I did try sideloading the Fake GPS app, but it wouldn't run likely due to the missing GPS support. I haven't dug any further yet, but I'll let you know if I find a work around.

Dutch

Hey Dutch, I only have and use Apple products.  I just downloaded two location apps and neither has worked yet. I am trying this on my IPad. I could always go through my apply TV to air play it.

Edited by rynosback

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3