Casa Grande RV Resort No Longer Accepts Escapee Discount

Velos

FYI,

We stayed at Casa Grande RV Resort and Cottages in Casa Grande, AZ earlier this month and they no longer accept the Escapees Discount.  Though when we made our reservations online 2 weeks prior my receipt listed the discount?  I checked their website  https://casagrandervresort.com/ today they still offer the discount when registering online so I don't know when they will be updating their website. They do offer various other discounts that may apply to many reading here.

Also not listed on the website if you have someone visiting you and they want to rent a cottage during their visit, dogs our welcome but they do not offer linens in the cottage rented to dog owners.  That also is not disclosed on their website. :(

I am hoping they were just having a bad day after a long winter visitor season.

Is it still on the Escapees web site?  I would notify them so they can remove it. Sorry this happened to you. I just had the same thing happen to me with Passport America. I called them and called them and updated there listing. 

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

Thank you for asking, I just checked online and do not see the RV Park listed
https://www.escapees.com/benefits/rv-parking/discount-park-directory/maps/
but as you can see by the screen shot attached the park is still listing it as an option on their online reservation form. 

I just checked http://www.campgroundreviews.com/regions/arizona/casa-grande/casa-grande-rv-resort-3370

and it appears that they are trying to discourage pets in the park altogether as a recent RVer posted they are now charging $3.00 a day for dogs.

Edited by Velos

Our winter resort in Florida recently changed their pet rules.  They now charge $3.00 per day for a second dog, the first one stays free.  Out of the 200+ sites last winter there were numerous folks that stayed with multiple dogs in their RV.  There was also an increase in complaints about dog waste not being picked up.  Don't know if one has anything to do with the other, but the resort must have thought it did.

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

9 minutes ago, FL-JOE said:

Our winter resort in Florida recently changed their pet rules.  They now charge $3.00 per day for a second dog, the first one stays free.  Out of the 200+ sites last winter there were numerous folks that stayed with multiple dogs in their RV.  There was also an increase in complaints about dog waste not being picked up.  Don't know if one has anything to do with the other, but the resort must have thought it did.

Sadly I think you are right. Many places we have stayed recently there were a lot more conversations about inconsiderate dog owners.  I wish I had an answer? Posting signs, disclosing at check in and even handing out a dog treat and poo bag at check in hasn't had much of effect. 

We have taken several short trips this past year staying in hotels and VRBO's instead of our RV and more are accepting pets but sadly even in their pet areas people don't seem to scoop even when the poop is right next to a fully supplied waste station:(.

We chose to stay at Casa Grande RV Resort as it was convenient to meet up with friends and we both had stayed in the RV section in the past.  I have been Googling reviews on the park and found this recent one that seems to indicate a negative trend at the park:  https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g31182-d9862980-Reviews-Casa_Grande_RV_Resort_Cottages-Casa_Grande_Arizona.html

Not sure what the answer is either.  I know some RVers traveling with multiple dogs have caused issues but I am sure that is not where the whole problem is.

The two worse recent examples I have personal knowledge of where a dog owner did not remove his/her pet's waste involved owner's in the 40 to 50 year old range.

We checked into our site at a nice resort in Tennessee only to find the whole utility side filled with several days worth of dog waste.  The campground immediately sent a worker to clean it up and we found out it was from the previous folks that had just checked out, a family with teenage children.

The second example was at our friends site traveling up north.  He and I about stepped in a huge pile around by his wet bay.  His new neighbors had a large dog which they had already let run free when they set up camp.  He scooped it up and politely set it on their 5th wheel steps so they could take care of it when they returned.  They were a younger couple in their 40's.

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

2 minutes ago, scouserl41 said:

There are several good resorts in CG to chose from. There is also the Rovers Roost SKP park not too far out.

Shop around and you should find what you need. We like Sundance 1 and they hive Passport America discounts.

BnB

Thank you for the suggestions.  We have stayed in Casa Grande before and enjoy the area.  Unfortunately this stay has come and gone and our story ending is not a positive one. 

I do hope to take the opportunity to prevent others for experiencing the same inconvenience and researching the offsite owners of the property to let them know of our experience as they may not be aware that their business is not currently being conducted as claimed on their website.  I believe all business owners can run their business as they see fit but accurate and transparent disclosure of their generally accepted practices is something their customers/clients deserve.  I would like a to change the end of our story with Casa Grande RV Resort and Cottages to a positive one.