Shocks for our 2005 Safari Cheetah

GR "Scott" Cundiff

I think I figured out what Bilstein shocks will fit my 2005 Safari Cheetah 38PDQ. Apparently, the 24-186599 and 24-186582 will work with our Raised Rail RR4R chassis.

If I purchase them online I can save a lot of money - will a truck repair shop install them if I buy them direct or will they baulk if I don't let them order the parts?

Edited by GR "Scott" Cundiff

Our "Here and There" Blog

2005 Safari Cheetah Motorhome

4 hours ago, GR "Scott" Cundiff said:

If I purchase them online I can save a lot of money - will a truck repair shop install them if I buy them direct or will they baulk if I don't let them order the parts?

When I worked in a body shop the owner answered this question by a restaurant owner by asking if he brought his own hamburger patty would they cook it for him?

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

7 minutes ago, sandsys said:

When I worked in a body shop the owner answered this question by a restaurant owner by asking if he brought his own hamburger patty would they cook it for him?

Linda

A bit different though if the customer came in to order a hamburger and was told that the cook had to place an order for meat with a market hundreds of miles away because hamburger meat wasn't available locally.

1 hour ago, GR "Scott" Cundiff said:

A bit different though if the customer came in to order a hamburger and was told that the cook had to place an order for meat with a market hundreds of miles away because hamburger meat wasn't available locally.

The point is their pricing is based on them providing the parts. Their labor rate is based on them getting the parts at a discount. If you got the parts discount they would need to raise their labor rates to offset that and you would not be happy with the higher rates. It's not fair to the shop for you to try to try to get the parts discount while asking them to do the work.

Linda

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

A follow up on this question.  It took some effort to come up with the correct part numbers, but I finally did.  I then called the shop and asked if they wanted me to order the shocks or if they wanted to.  They said they preferred that I order them.  

2 hours ago, GR "Scott" Cundiff said:

A follow up on this question.  It took some effort to come up with the correct part numbers, but I finally did.  I then called the shop and asked if they wanted me to order the shocks or if they wanted to.  They said they preferred that I order them.  

That way it is your responsibility if they don't fit.

Linda