Water System

chrismct

For anyone familiar with a 1997 Holiday Rambler........I just bought a new to me Vacationer and cannot for the life of me figure out how to turn the house water on.  All other systems work but I cannot get the panel that shows tanks capacity, water heater test, etc to turn on.  I have checked all power distribution panels, fuses, relays, and wires and they all are in working order.  Fridge doesnt even turn on.  Do I have to have propane for this stuff to work?  Some literature says yes but why would I need propane to run cold water to the sink or to run the fridge on the AC setting?

Please help!

You do not need propane to operate those items but you do need 12V-DC electric power for all of those. Could there be a battery isolator switch that is turned off? If you start the engine, will those items then work properly? What happens if you connect short power, do those then work? Is the coach battery charged? If you don't have interior lights, that is also a hint that your coach battery is not connected, or discharged. It sounds like you do not have any 12V power to the coach. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I agree it sounds like a isolator switch turned off.  If the switch is on and the battery is charged you will need to get out the volt meeter or a test light and start checking connections to make sure power is actually getting to the appliances.

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

SOLD - 2004 Volvo 780. 465hp and 10sp Auto Shift (from 2010~2017)

SOLD - 2009 Montana 3400RL