What cell phone & internet plan??

On 4/3/2019 at 4:45 PM, Carlos said:

Fastest Wireless Network 2019

I don't know how valid the test is, but Verizon comes out on top by a pretty good margin.

Tom
—————————————————
2005 Born Free 24' Rear Bath
Towing 1978 VW Bug convertible
Minneapolis, MN

It seems to vary by where you use it.  Having devices on both, we see more consistent good speed on AT&T and much more variable on Verizon, sometimes faster, sometimes slower.  The absolute fastest I ever tested, in a specific area, was on Verizon.  The absolute slowest I've tested...Verizon...  In fact there's a space of a few miles where Verizon shows great coverage, but is always super-slow.  I travel through it often.

1 minute ago, Carlos said:

It seems to vary by where you use it.  Having devices on both, we see more consistent good speed on AT&T and much more variable on Verizon, sometimes faster, sometimes slower.  The absolute fastest I ever tested, in a specific area, was on Verizon.  The absolute slowest I've tested...Verizon...  In fact there's a space of a few miles where Verizon shows great coverage, but is always super-slow.  I travel through it often.

Another factor is the equipment used. We have both Verizon and ATT, but with two different methods of equipment paths:

>Verizon = Samsung S8, data via HotSpot. Sometimes assisted with either Maximum Signal Cellular or WeBoost Sleek cellular amps, depending upon what combination of none, M.S. or Sleek provides the best Download Speeds. 

>ATT = DW's Iphone 7S, data via HotSpot. But also a Unite Explore 815S. Same combo of cellular amps available to either of these pieces of equipment. But we also have roof top MobileMark MIMO magnetic antenna, feeding the MIMO feeds of the Unite Explore. 

We usually find that our champion download speeds in many areas, is provided via the Unite Explore 815S with the MobileMark MIMO combination. (SIM in the Unite Explore is from our Mobley unit, so we could access the MIMO antenna on the roof.)

We travel usually in the Western states, from New Mexico/Colorado/Wyoming/Montana and over to the West from those states. (Occasional visits to South Dakota too.). And yes, we still find places where we have no coverage, or only coverage from one carrier - so for us, it's worth having both carriers at this time. 

I recall what a gent said over on IRV2, back in the days of I think 3G, which is 'Have multiple communication tools in your tool box, IF being online is important to you.' (And this was before the current heavy streaming of today.) I always remembered that, when planning out communication for Data paths and upgrades. I usually adopt newer technology, after the first rush and 'Release 1's' are over... 

Best to all, have fun, be safe,

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

Archived