Side load car/atv ramp

jenandjon

I want to build something like this on my bed. I have no plans for hauling a car however I have a Polaris ranger, a 4 wheeler and a golf cart I would like to carry. Not all at the same time just grab whatever I want for each trip.

My bed is only 7 ft wide. In order to carry anything I have to widen it anyway. Then buy longer Smart car ramps. If I build this side ramp then I can use the ramps I have and I wont have to widen the bed.  Except where the mounts go I suppose. Rear load is not a option for me. I want side load. Then I can use the under side of ramp for storage.

I was just wondering if anyone had any more detailed pictures of anything like this. At this point I'm just spit balling ideas. The Ranger is too long to carry sideways and Jen wants a new golf cart with 4 seats. So I kind of have to go at a slant for more room.

mX9iAgil.jpg

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Russ Barnes did this type build ~7-8 years ago.  He had all the measurements and pitfalls.  He actually built storage under the ramp.  He sold his HDT and no longer is on this forum but if anyone knows how to contact him maybe he would share his experience.  Don’t know if I have any pics but if I do will post.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Archived