Florida RV Parks for Snowbirding

LookinforSunshine

Have been looking for an RV park with a nice pool that is well kept.  Prefer south florida for the warmer temperatures.  Everyone I have called is full.  Any suggestions? Any new parks out there or ones you would recommend?  Prefer to be under 1500 a month and must have a nice pool and allow pets.  Our Class C is 30 feet so we can go just about anywhere except the class A only resorts. Thanks in advance.

I am sure there are probably a few lots available at our co-op.  You may wish to check the listings at:

http://www.avionpalms.org/

PS.  Welcome to forum!

Safe Travels...

Roger, K4RS and Toni, K1TS
Amateur Radio Operators - Motorcycle Riders (Harley Davidson Tri-Glide Ultra)

Fulltime from 2003-2016 - Now longtime RVers

On the road, living the dream...
Ford F-250 Super Duty 7.3 liter diesel and Forest River XLR Toyhauler. 

Position report via amateur radio

S. Fl RV parks have been booked up since early June. You best bet is to call and ask to be put on their waiting list. Be prepared to hit the road at the last minute though. Two years ago I asked to be put on a waiting list in a specific RV park.  They called last month to ask if I still wanted a site, as they had a cancellation;  I had forgotten I was on their list.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Did you call Creekside RV Resort in Punta Gorda?  Last spring it looked like they were adding a new section.  It is a very nice park with all the trimmings.  Even if it doesn't exactly fit your price point you may want to book there and spend the winter finding a different place for next year.  I will caution you though, most of the nicer parks in SW Florida will only have a space available for you if you stay 3, 4, or 5 months.  We have friends that have been trying to book something down close to that area for 2 months and everyone is generally turning them away.

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

While not in S. FL, but in central FL in Lakeland between Tampa & Orlando, Sanlan RV Park usually has sites, and you should be able to find something within your budget. They have a 9 hole golf course, pool, dinners/activities, trails, wildlife sanctuary, etc.  We stayed for 2 weeks last January and thought it was very nice.

Gene, Gayle, & Oliver-(the dog)
2006 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PDQ
2012 Honda CRV toad
Blue Ox tow bar & base plate/Air Force One braking

Love all these ideas.  For this year we took one of the last spots at Creekside as mentioned above. Thank you k4rs for the welcome. My husband just retired for our local police dept and I am still working but can work from the road.  This will be our first long term stay. We will be towing a kia soul 4 down as our get around car.  We are excited to hit the road again (previously had a travel trailer) but now a new Class C RV.  Better way for us to travel.

Archived