Retrieving a webcam image

Stan Wright

Is there some way to retrieve a webcam image and copy it to a file?  Something like:

copy 192.168.0.40/image.jpg c:/camera/camera40.jpg ?

It could be a dos command or html.  I'm trying to copy the images from my webcams to a folder which will be uploaded to my website.

Thanks.

Stan,

Copy from what, the camera on your computer? Your phone camera? What Windows version are you running? Define webcam as I have security cams, dashcams, desktop webcam.

Seriously, if you are talking about your phone camera or other device you can use the import command from Micrososft Photos.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Sorry for the vagueness.  I have about sixteen DLink IP webcams that I use around the house and garages.  I currently use Active Webcam to collect the images every few minutes and send them to my website.  Recently we had a power outage and for some reason all my camera configurations were erased.  I rebuilt everything but Active Webcam now shows several of my cameras as 'offline'.  I can use the 192.168.0.xx/image.jpg command and see the camera output so they are working.  I'm not sure why Active Webcam isn't recognizing them.

What I would like to do is write a DOS or HTML batch file to grab the camera pictures and put them in a folder, and eliminate Active Webcam.

Stan, sorry but what operating system? I haven't used DOS or HTML In years as I retired from fixing other people's computers but if you add the OS you are using someone here might be able to help. What works in Windows 10 won't work in XP. Please more detail.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Archived