Microsoft brings Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection to macOS, Linux, iOS, and Android

RV_

I used Microsoft Security Essentials with Windows 7 and Defender with Windows 8-10. I had no issues with infections. I also ran Malwarebytes Premium which I bought back when they were starting out for $15.00 each for lifetime support and they have honored that for the past 12 years or more. Now they have an annual fee like everyone else but they are still very much worth it for folks with just one computer. I have six Windows systems currently, soon to be four again when I sell the Surface 3 Pro and the Windows 10 Dell Venue 11 Pro, the only one with a user replaceable battery. Both of them are like new, and I hate to get rid of the Dell Venue 11 Pro as it is the best of all the Atom tablets full HD with three cases. I am liquidating all the small stuff before our move to Colorado.

Excerpt:

"Microsoft has announced that it is teaming up with Bitdefender, Lookout, and Ziften to expand the reach of Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP). By partnering with the three major security firms, Microsoft is set to bring ATP to macOS, Linux, iOS, and Android devices.

Bitdefender, Lookout, and Ziften will all feed threat detection information into one central resource, and this can then be used by security teams to keep an eye on all threats in a single location.

While a trio of partnerships has just been announced, Microsoft says that this is just the start. There will be more strategic partnerships in future to help offer enhanced security for networks and install bases. Every device that is connected to Windows Defender ATP is assigned its own timeline, and it is possible to see event history going back six months.

The article with all the info is here:

If you missed the new Microsoft Office malware post I put in Connecting on the road here is the link. This is a must read as the malware is easy to avoid if you read the article with easy screen shots here:

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Archived