Happy Trails RV Park (Suprise, AZ)

My wife and I have been looking at options for the upcoming winter travel to AZ and are liking the idea of renting a RV lot that has a casita or Arizona room and possibly a RV cover/awning.  We like the idea of having a pseudo "home base" that allows us to hang out in between short trips to visit other places.  We feel this will be a good compromise from full time nomadic travel in camp spots; which we're not sure will work for a 3+ month period. 

We found Happy Trails and the real estate agency that handles their RV lot rentals.  We will be contacting them Monday to get some further details.  Surprise, AZ is centrally located and seems like a good first timer option?  I'd be interested to hear from others who rent RV lots and anyone with firsthand experience with Happy Trails.  RV Park Reviews website gives them pretty high rating.  Also any suggestions on other RV parks that offer monthly/seasonal rental of lots with covers would be appreciated.

8 hours ago, freestoneangler said:

My wife and I have been looking at options for the upcoming winter travel to AZ and are liking the idea of renting a RV lot that has a casita or Arizona room and possibly a RV cover/awning.  We like the idea of having a pseudo "home base" that allows us to hang out in between short trips to visit other places.  We feel this will be a good compromise from full time nomadic travel in camp spots; which we're not sure will work for a 3+ month period. 

We found Happy Trails and the real estate agency that handles their RV lot rentals.  We will be contacting them Monday to get some further details.  Surprise, AZ is centrally located and seems like a good first timer option?  I'd be interested to hear from others who rent RV lots and anyone with firsthand experience with Happy Trails.  RV Park Reviews website gives them pretty high rating.  Also any suggestions on other RV parks that offer monthly/seasonal rental of lots with covers would be appreciated.

I am curious as to how you heard about Happy Trails.  I believe you are the second poster is the last few weeks who has mentioned Happy Trails.

2005 Winnebago Voyage 38J

10 hours ago, pjstough said:

I am curious as to how you heard about Happy Trails.  I believe you are the second poster is the last few weeks who has mentioned Happy Trails.

Just came across them doing an internet search "RV lots for rent".  I've subsequently seen a couple private owner listings renting their lot in this park but most seem to be through a realty agency in Surprise. 

I went on a tour of Happy Trails last week. It is a first class outfit. I am staying at another RV Resort nearby till Dec. They have a lot of Park Model sites as well as RV sites. When I checked on renting an RV site for Jan, Feb, March I was advised that all sites are rented and none are available. I wanted to rent a site to check it out before buying a lot. What is nice about this place is that you get a deeded lot unlike most places where you don't own the land and am only leasing. Guess I will have to wait till next year. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

We took their tour about 4 or 5 years ago.  They were still suffering under the 2008 recession cloud and there was lots of available units.  It is a first class place.
The only downside that I can conceive of is the main drag (Bell Road) suffers tremendous traffic at times.  There's probably a time work-around for that but could be a problem if doctors appointments are needed.

Lance-white-sands-500.jpg

~Rich

Archived