Brakesmart

Vern Thompson

My Brakesmart  brake controller finally quit working. Is there anything on the market today that works thru the master brake cylinder like the Beakesmart?? I have electric over hydraulic brakes on the RV.

Thans for any help,  Vern

fulltiming with a 2010 Mobile Suites fifthwheel and a 1999 F450 Ford

The brake controller that is most like the BrakeSmart is the DirecLink,  The DiecLink plugs into the ODB port and communicates with the engine computer that is well knowledgeable on the status of the brakes.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

1 hour ago, Vern & Betty Thompson said:

My Brakesmart  brake controller finally quit working. Is there anything on the market today that works thru the master brake cylinder like the Beakesmart?? I have electric over hydraulic brakes on the RV.

Thans for any help,  Vern

What is the tow vehicle you need it for 

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Vern, I have the DirecLink system and can recommend it highly for use on a compatible truck. Yours has an OBDII port and would be a perfect match for that controller. It uses the wheel speed sensors and determines when the engine is running and the brakes are applied to determine how much braking force to apply to the trailer brakes. Is your Mobile Suites equipped with electric over hydraulic brakes?

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

Yes, it has 8k axles, 17.5 wheels and electric over hydraulic disk brakes. After i posted this morning, a search for brake controllers turned up the DirecLink on Southwest Wheels website and I also watched an you tube video on the DirecLink. It's good to see the recommendations for it!

Thanks a lot, I appreciate it.  Vern

fulltiming with a 2010 Mobile Suites fifthwheel and a 1999 F450 Ford

Archived