So much to learn.....

eddie1261

Jim, my RV is a 2000. The manuals I got were about 1/2 missing. Also, the main manuals that I did get were generic. One was from Ford about their E450 series trucks, but those trucks came in many flavors. To search the internet for why my defroster fan is not working gave me hundreds of thousands of pages, 99% of which were not related to my particular truck. I spent close to 2 hours looking for that answer and came up absolutely empty. I wanted to find out if it might be a fuse. Short of laying my stumpy, fat body at about a 40 degree angle across the bottom of the entry door frame while I reach up and around the steering column to pull EVERY fuse and inspect it, I have no idea what fuse I am looking for. IF the problem is a fuse. This happened on my Ford Escape and they said it was a resistor, and a $225 repair. I assume that I can multiply that by about 3 since it's now on a big truck. The dealership I bought it from said "We don't fix that". I have nothing about my water heater. I have nothing about my furnace. I also have nothing to show which precise model of Sunseeker I have so I don't even know what I am searching for. I called Forest River for help, and nobody working there remembers anything about the year 2000.

Eventually I will figure it out. I was a mechanic in the Army and worked on everything up to 10 ton trucks, so I used to wrench. I was also young then. Now, not so young! You guys have been helpful as far as pointing me in the right direction and for that I am grateful.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just joined the Escapees Discussion group. Overwhelmed with the variety of topics. Started researching and RV shopping 3 or 4 months ago with intention  to purchase in 12 to 16 months. Hope to retire in 2 to 2 1/2 years  with my goal to work half the year with concessionaires in National Parks out west. I'm a native FloridIan who has fallen in love with the west on my two trips out there. Or perhaps I'll just get out of health care and work full time as a full time RVer. I decided on a Class C, the A is just too overwhelming for me and I need to stay within a budget. As a result of 2 visits to a dealer, research and talking to a knowledgeable friend I've managed to come up with an initial list of essentials. Have an RV show to go to next month and a trip to west coast Florida dealers which I'm hesitant to do. Would prefer to buy local. 

Thanks to those of you who take the time to read mt long winded post,

Judy

33 minutes ago, Judyelm said:

Thanks to those of you who take the time to read mt long winded post,

Welcome to the Escapee forums! Feel free to start new threads and ask questions on any of the forums and we are pleased that you have joined us. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived