Help, runner moving...

M & M

I've used a couple of different methods in the past.

Use that non-slip shelf and drawer liner type stuff. Many homeimprovement stores have it by the foot roll. Just cut a piece a few inches smaller on all sides and lay it out under the rug

The other is more invasive. I used silicone caulk and made "treads" directly on the back side of my rug. Let it dry "completely". At least 24hrs, but I would double any time indicated on the tube.

Most carpet has a weave pattern to it that will cause the knap to bend mostly in the same direction as it is walked on and that causes whatever is on it to travel. About the only way that we ever found to stop our throw-rugs from moving was to somehow attach them to something fixed. I had one next to the chair that I sat in most and Pam added a loop to the side of the throw that went around the chair base. That worked pretty well, but even then it did move some. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Years ago, I put cheap nylon carpet in a rental, The  complaint, with the first rent check, was that Throw/ area rugs would not stay put on the carpet.

I went looking for a cheap solution. what I found was some clear vinyl runner, carpet guard, at Wally World. It had rows of little cones on the bottom. (they come in several heidths lengths, longer is better) I put down a piece in the entry, and it stayed put. I contact cemented it, (covered) to the bottom side of a couple of throw rugs. Problem solved. Try it, that stuff is cheap.

It works better on  longer knap carpet, but is passible on indoor/outdoor carpet, like in my boat.

Shooter

If it turns $$$$$$$ dollars into smoke and noise, I'm there.

• 1 month later...
On 8/19/2017 at 6:05 AM, Yarome said:

Use that non-slip shelf and drawer liner type stuff. Many homeimprovement stores have it by the foot roll. Just cut a piece a few inches smaller on all sides and lay it out under the rug

I used the non-slip shelf liner, but hot glued it to the bottom of my entry rug.  Worked great.  I had to refresh the glue from time to time, but it was cheaper than buying the specialty stuff for the same purpose at Lowe's.

Archived