GIT's in training

Wrknrvr

So it has been hot in Montana this summer. Then last weekend there was a cold front come through northwest Montana so the morning temps are in the forties.

So now the GIT's have started flying. They go in all directions, but they have started there fall training exercises.

I take it that they realize fall is not far away. There has been some frost on low lying brush on the east side of Flathead lake. Yes some fall colors are along the lake. Not much , but most days I travel either the west or east side of the lake so I can tell when to fall is coming.

So it is time to think of our fall travels also.

Be safe in your travels,.   Vern

GIT's are geese in training. As in young geese learning how to fly in flocks. I have noticed through the tears that the geese fly around in small flocks this time of year. At low altitude and there maybe only 3 or 4 or maybe up to 10.

So I think they are just learning what to do. Teanage kids could be a problem if they had to guide a group of people south for the winter.

Now the migratory flocks will be later. The normal size ones.

The fires have created a fair amount of smoke this summer. It cleared last weekend. But now it is back again.

Safe Travels,    Vern

GIT's Geese In Training.  That's a new acronym to me that's for sure. 

Send some of that cool temps over to Central Oregon were we are boondocking waiting for the eclipse.  Even though we are at 5100' it is in the mid 80's or slightly higher in the afternoons.  Right at 50 at sunrise though.  

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

Yesterday I was thing about when young geese can fly. Looked it up on the net.

Well they have to fly before fall. So they can fly south for the winter.

But I did not know that the adult geese shed the feathers for flying and grow new ones. This happens when they are taking care of there little ones.

So now the adult geese are trying out there new feathers while the young geese are learning to fly.

Never heard of that before.    

Vern

Archived