pin height on the coach with HDT

lockmup68

Shannon, if you can raise the level of your Teton through the adjustments on the suspension system, that would be a good thing.

You either need to raise your hitch on the truck or look at a different hitch. Like it was said, raising it may keep you from pulling another trailer, and will probably present a challenge from loading from the rear. I think you could have pull out ramps made for that bed that could clear your higher hitch.

Another option would be to use the newer Comfort Ride Hitch (that was at the Rally) that can be adjusted up 8 inches and lowered when needed pretty easily if and when you pull another trailer. That won't take care of clearance when loading from the rear, but again look at ramps for the bed.

Once you get your stuff into the trailer, have it weighed so you know which axle and wheel has the weight. As nose down as you say you are, that front axle is carrying the load.

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

Definitely keep the vehicle clearances in mind too. While the Comfort Ride hitch is adjustable, I do not know how easy that is. With a air ride hitch, typically you can just add a dump valve to quickly raise/lower the hitch height for loading/unloading a vehicle.

At the rally last week we loaded my stock Jeep Wrangler on Rick Olsen's truck. He has a articulating bed with Comfort Ride hitch. The Jeep cleared the hitch but clearance was minimal. Rick's setup is very unique. If he had a fixed bed, like both you and I have, I doubt I would have been able to clear the hitch with out readjusting the hitch's height. If that adjustment is quick and easy it is not really an issue but if not could complicate things.

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

SOLD - 2004 Volvo 780. 465hp and 10sp Auto Shift (from 2010~2017)

SOLD - 2009 Montana 3400RL

Archived