Anti Sway & Brake Controller

After our very long search and decisions as to type of RV, we have a tentative deal on a 2015 TT.  We are headed to Billings on Monday to see the unit and, hopefully, drive home with it.  As part of the negotiated price, the dealer is including the Blue Ox Load Leveler/Anti-sway system and the Prodigy II Brake Controller.  These seem to be well known, reliable and dependable companies/products.  If anyone has experience with these, particularly not good experience, please let me know.  Thanks.

I have used the Prodigy brake control for many miles and find that it works very well. My son also uses one to tow his hybrid trailer and is happy with it. 

Attached is a checklist to use when looking over the RV. 

RV purchase Inspection RVCG.pdf

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Make sure  you understand how  to adjust them, they are  going to set it up for a light trailer with out all your "stuff " and the importance of enough weight  on the hitch to prevent  sway, do not  just rely on a fancy hitch . 

1999 Dodge QuadCab Diesel

2005 DesertFox 28KS

The toy is the wife's sewing machines

1992 Dodge Roadtrek 190 Versitile

"...traveled the same road as many..."

Our 3-1/2 hour maiden trip from the dealer home was uneventful.  The dealer tech rode around with me on their site (large dealer) and we adjusted the Prodigy P2.  We drove through 3 passes with fairly steep climbs and downgrades and it does not feel like the TT is pushing us and braking seems quite smooth. 

As for the Blue Ox anti-sway bar, I will say that it is a snap to set-up.  The trick of using the tongue jack to place a slight uplift to the hitch ball makes installing the two sway bars easy - reducing force needed to secure chains.  Also, this system places no restrictions on having the system engaged while backing/maneuvering the trailer - apparently some of the other "friction bar" systems are limited.  The winds were pretty calm, so I really did not get a test of it in demanding conditions.  I did feel a slight move when a few of the semi's passed.  So, still too early to provide a full report but I will as we eventually get the luxury of that experience. :o

Archived