Classes of 2008 and 2009

Looks good, Joe, as long as the tree doesn't fall over. We are still on 101 in Florence at the Elks for the night. We stopped at the Sea Lion caves just North of here and that's quite a place. We may take a side trip over to Eugene to get our Winegard Trav'ler fixed. It died and is still under warranty so there should be a service place over there. Great drive down the coast, road is fine and although a little twisty, there are plenty of turn offs to stop and enjoy the scenery. My "staff photographer" is burning up pixels for sure :lol: Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The internet connection here isn't the best it could be. I haven't been able to get on and stay on long enough to get anything sent. I did manage to get on for a while yesterday to check my mail but by the time I read it I was dropped and couldn't get back on. All the ground planes are off my Wilson trucker antenna. Maybe if I break down and get another new one I'll have better luck.

Sandy you sure know how to make it tough on a guy thats' tring to loose weight. I won't be able to say that I'm going to Q or not until January. If it were in February I know I'd be there but January is too early to leave the comfort of being below sea level. And I'd have to go an extra 320 miles to go then come back here only to leave again the next month. So for now just cound me as a maybe. Hum I wonder how much cranberry juice I could finagle out of going or not going????

The day before yesterday they found a man's body in our Hot springs. They had it closed with crime tape all over the place for two days. That's the second body they've found in that pool since I've been coming to the Slabs. I wonder if he answered that spaghetti question wrong and got Jeri angry with him.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

If it were in February I know I'd be there but January is too early to leave the comfort of being below sea level. And I'd have to go an extra 320 miles to go then come back here only to leave again the next month. .... That's the second body they've found in that pool since I've been coming to the Slabs. I wonder if he answered that spaghetti question wrong and got Jeri angry with him.

320 miles? Now if you went via Brawley and around, you could cut that 320 to 130 miles one week and 130 miles two weeks later. However, I have no clue what that road is like.

Two dead bodies? You better worry about making someone at the slabs mad and not me! I'd begin to wonder what was going on if they started using crime tape. You know it's not just a heart attack from staying in there too long. :unsure:

Vol Fans -- We're still kind of in Gold Canyon except that where we are is about 7 miles east of town -- not much of a town though. AJ is the closest and that's about 17 miles or so. Gold Canyon is SO FAR from every place. I think we're still searching for the ideal winter hangout. Don't know where that is. :)

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Well, just got off the phone with Winegard and they are shipping us a new satellite. They will send it to the Elks in Eugene and we will either install it ourselves or have one of the shops local do it. It will take 4-6 days to get it so I guess we will be exploring Eugene for a while. :unsure:

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Well, just got off the phone with Winegard and they are shipping us a new satellite. They will send it to the Elks in Eugene and we will either install it ourselves or have one of the shops local do it. It will take 4-6 days to get it so I guess we will be exploring Eugene for a while. :unsure:

Steve take a drive up Hwy 58. There is a fantastic Waterfall up there called Salt Creek Falls. You will need to walk in, but it's worth the walk, because the Forest Service had locked the gate. Trust me there is NOWHERE on that road to turn one of our rigs around with the toad hooked up. :blink: Need I say, Just don't Ask me how I know?

The only restaurant in Oakridge worth eating at used to be the Mexican Restaurant. Also if it hasn't snowed in the high country you could take a drive out of Westfir over to Cougar Reservoir and Blue river then back on that road into Eugene. But I'd stop at the Westfir Ranger Station and check with them for road conditions first. The road is 57 miles long and is a 2 hour drive, but some of the country up there is beautiful. I learned about it because I painted it.

Joe

Edited by Joe Spiker

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

320 miles? Now if you went via Brawley and around, you could cut that 320 to 130 miles one week and 130 miles two weeks later. However, I have no clue what that road is like.

Yep I go via Glamis and it's 130 miles one way. I meant to say 260 and somehow doubled 160 instead of 130. At 9 miles to a gallon that's a bunch of gas especially when I just spent a week there getting all the stuff done for the year. Now if you will take up a collection and get me 110 bucks plus a little extra for cranberry juice that spaghetti dinner really does look too good to pass up.

JOE: Most of us guys are content with just painting the town every once in a while. You have to paint half the state. It must be that Baaaaadddddd Whiskey.

Was a beautiful day today. 82 for the high and 53 for the low. A gentle breeze and clear skies. That's hard to beat.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

JOE: Most of us guys are content with just painting the town every once in a while. You have to paint half the state. It must be that Baaaaadddddd Whiskey.

Oh Ya, let's hear it for the Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddddddddddddd Whiskey. Heck I didn't tell them about going into Waldo Lake up on the Summit either. One of the most pristine bodies of water in the US They say that on a calm day you can see over 100 feet down into the lake. Ya we painted our way into, and out of, there to. Our answer to anyone asking what we do is, "Painting the World" That is just a beautiful area and one could spend way over 5 days exploring it.

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

I think we're still searching for the ideal winter hangout. Don't know where that is. :)

I would like to suggest the RGV after Q. Retama Village will put you up for a week free and there's NO high pressure sales. That will give you plenty of time to look around for other places if you don't buy a lot there. Lots of places in the valley and they love their "Winter Texans". We are staying at Retama for the winter.

Bob aka Vols Fan

2005 Volvo VNL 780 (Big Red)

Cummins ISX 500HP/1650FT LBS

Ultrashift, 3.42, MAX-Brake

Pressure Pro, ET Hitch, Jackalopee

2010 Scion Xd on truck

'08 40' Alfa Gold SGF38RLES

SKP#98492

today was cleanup day at the Slab Lows. We all took a different area and worked at it all morning. I took on the windows in the Library and History room. I think we should do this a little more frequently than every 10 years or so. There was soft tan dust from dust storms a half inch thick down in the window frames. I didn't get it all done today before my hip started hurting so will take a small vacuum over there tomorrow and finish the job. After the work party we all went to Bombay Beach for Taco Tuesday at the American Legion. The Tacos were good but my friends were better. Although I hope a couple of them can find their way back home after the Margaritas. It was another fantastic day today High of 81 and Low of 54. I started to carve this afternoon but the neighbor gal came over and we talked all afternoon. I didn't get very far on the carving. But that's why I carve. It sure drags in a lot of gals to talk with.

I certainly understand gift giving early. I got an early birthday present today too. I figure if the kids can throw a party for me a month early, Terry can buy me a present a month early (or did I buy it for myself?). Anyway, Happy early Birthday to me!!!

post-7077-0-84911400-1320291375_thumb.jpg

Hi Jeri & Terri ,

Nice ride Jerri , I just got one a couple of weeks ago. I am in Mesa AZ. for the winter. I am at View Point RV & golf resort. I spent this past summer on a 40' boat cruising around the San Juan Islands, it was great. I have never spent that much time on the water before. If you guys are anywhere near Mesa you gotta stop buy and we could go Quading in the desert. I go out with two different groups of people and they know all the good trails to go to. Well that's all I have going on hope everything is well with everyone.

Linda SKP#102494

2001 36' Coachmen Aurora motorhome

2004 Jeep Wrangler

Hi Jeri & Terri ,

Nice ride Jerri , I just got one a couple of weeks ago. I am in Mesa AZ. for the winter. I am at View Point RV & golf resort. I spent this past summer on a 40' boat cruising around the San Juan Islands, it was great. I have never spent that much time on the water before. If you guys are anywhere near Mesa you gotta stop buy and we could go Quading in the desert. I go out with two different groups of people and they know all the good trails to go to. Well that's all I have going on hope everything is well with everyone.

We're currently in Gold Canyon right now. Not sure how long we'll be here but we've been riding in the desert most days. Probably half the folks in this park have quads and instead of loading up and transporting the quads, the back gate opens to BLM land and ATV trails. Where do you go around here? What do you have?

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

We're currently in Gold Canyon right now. Not sure how long we'll be here but we've been riding in the desert most days. Probably half the folks in this park have quads and instead of loading up and transporting the quads, the back gate opens to BLM land and ATV trails. Where do you go around here? What do you have?

You are just down the road from us. I have a Yamaha Grizzly 700 and my friend Jim has a Can-AM 500 Outlander. We have been around Montana Mt. and around Picket Post MT. and Barttlet Lake. We usually go out on Mondays and Fridays. It is usually a day trip and we pack lunches and have a great time. PM me if you want to get together. How do you guys transport your Quad?

Linda SKP#102494

2001 36' Coachmen Aurora motorhome

2004 Jeep Wrangler

11/16 to 11/21 at Davis Monthan AFB in Tucson. Will take our usual drive up Lemmon Mountain and do the Saquaro Nat. Park again.

Bruce and Bunny, enjoyed our visit with you and just might see you at Quartsite!

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

A quiet day at the Slabs. Nice weather and nice friends. They Served Chili, a salad and bread pudding for our weekly Wednesday meal. Boy was it good. Especially the bread pudding. I sat around the rig and carved most of the day but I think I'm going to have to give up carving. It makes everything that can hurt, HURT. I got my wrist so sore today that I couldn't ride the bike because I couldn't hold on to the handle bar. And riding one handed in sand isn't exactly a sport I care to participate in. Tomorrow, I'll be going to Brawley to get groceries and the President wants to pick up another turkey for Thanks giving. She already has two but don't think it will be enough. One of the gals picked up a screw in the tire of her truck. It was loosing air but very slowly. I sent her back to the gas station to pick out a can of that goop you put in the tire to seal it from the inside. When she got back I had her let the rest of the air out of the tire and take the screw out. We put the goop in the tire and then aired it back up with my compressor. It's seems to have done the trick. We'll know for sure in the morning.

Things down here in Florida have been pretty low key so far. Well other than the High Humidity and the Heat. :lol: Having fun with the Grand Kids and managing to turn some white skin brown all at the same time. Took a trip to Lazydays yesterday for a couple of parts and they actually had them. They actually said " Yep we have them, HOW MANY DO YOU WANT". Pretty big operation there. Looked like lots of rigs to choose from. Were a lot of folks there looking also. Had a very small reminder of home today when it decided to rain for about 20 minutes. Now it's all dried up and looks to be time to head out for a bike ride. Between the Grand Kids and the Baaad Whiskey, LIFE IS GOOD. :rolleyes:

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Guest coldsmoke

it sure has been hot here in panama city florida, 82 yesterday and 100 % humidity, and that wass before the rain and tornado warnings.

staying at tyndal afb rec camp.. pretty nice lots of room, and get jet show every day flying over us, sure is cool to watch them.

heading for beaumont tx next week probaly tuesday, if toad get s done.

mike and deb and smokey

You know how much I like to keep a calendar up to date. I know the rest of you feel about the same. So, I thought I'd throw a real tough question at those who plan on being in "Q" in January. I know the real reunion isn't until the 15th but knowing this group most will be there way before that so what is the question? Well, when do you plan on getting there? I need to mark it in ink along with our schedule on the calendar. :rolleyes:

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

You know how much I like to keep a calendar up to date. I know the rest of you feel about the same. So, I thought I'd throw a real tough question at those who plan on being in "Q" in January. I know the real reunion isn't until the 15th but knowing this group most will be there way before that so what is the question? Well, when do you plan on getting there? I need to mark it in ink along with our schedule on the calendar. :rolleyes:

I thought Millie and I would show up about Nov.01. :P

Dave C.

Millie the mooch

2500 D/M CC.

27RL Wildcat

SKP#94751

I still have no Idea when or if I'll be in quartzsite. There are some things I wanted to do in Yuma about the same time. I'm still trying to figure out how I can get everything done without running all over the state. I have to go back east this summer so that's another 5K miles to think about.

I took the Slab Lows President in to the store today to get another Turkey. She bought two more turkeys. They are 20 lb birds so I think she is expecting an army in for Thanksgiving.

My hip did well today but my wrist are really scawling. I guess I'll have to give up carving and go back to chasing Cowgirls.

Dave better hurry up if he expects to get to Q by Nov 1. You know he's so far back in LaPosa South that they have to pipe in the sunshine.

My hip did well today but my wrist are really scawling. I guess I'll have to give up carving and go back to chasing Cowgirls.

You were always good at chasing cowgirls!! It's nice to have something to fall back on. Isn't it? :rolleyes:

I thought Millie and I would show up about Nov.01. :P

Don't drive too fast. You don't want to get there before the rush.

We're thinking we just might show up about the 29th. Maybe, we'll beat you. :rolleyes:

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

You were always good at chasing cowgirls!! It's nice to have something to fall back on. Isn't it? :rolleyes:

Don't drive too fast. You don't want to get there before the rush.

We're thinking we just might show up about the 29th. Maybe, we'll beat you. :rolleyes:

Maybe, just maybe, we could have a New Years' party. Maybe.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

We will plan to get there the 14th. Will spend some time at the SKP coop's on the way.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!

I bet that wasn't the 14th of November like Dave and Millie. :rolleyes:

Maybe, just maybe, we could have a New Years' party. Maybe.

Just maybe.

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

I hope ya'll haven't counted me out yet! I've been holding out.....because we're trying to sell the big rig. I am most definitely planning on coming up to Q to see ya'll but right now planning on driving up from Yuma for a day or two. It's not that far and a really pretty drive. I want to come up when most of ya are there. Granted it's not as close as Yuma BLM but that's ok. Danny KayCee and I are looking forward to seeing everybody!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08