Vehicle tie down

I tried searching with the information in the title and came up with a lot of stuff with the work Vehicle, but nothing in the first couple pages that included tying  them down. 

I have to do some repairs to the garage in the trailer. I also have been planning on moving the "E" Track that was perfect for the Vehicross, but not so much for the Jeep. Jeep has a narrower track. 

Initially I thought I'd just do the "Airline" track, but yesterday I visited with a neighbor who had just loaded his Jeep in his pull behind cargo trailer. (Has a real Motorhome)

9JSiSZJl.jpeg

He is trying loading backwards, to take a bit of weight off the trailer hitch. Won't know till next Fall if he was successful. What I did notice is the tie down rings and I aske how they have been working and if he installed them or they came with the trailer. Great and he did not install. We did talk also about wheel "Blocks" I think he uses two at each of the forward facing wheels when the vehicle is in the trailer. We also spoke about the cross tying he did at the door end. 

Looking at the photo now I think I'd rather have more of a pull back. He uses the dangling "Silver colored Shackle's" hanging just under the grill on each side of the front receiver hitch opening. Too me it's not enough pull back and not enough metal. I will go with wheel straps and maybe the rings more in the center. Will discuss with "Wyatt" at Spacecraft to find out where he put the additional blocking under the floor. 

The next project is illustrated below (sort of). I want to connect an exhaust extension to my Generator that will exit through the wall of my drome box and have an outlet above all the windows in the truck, maybe to be as high as the exhaust stack.  

75m9rJgl.jpeg

Not a good picture of the stack, but I do have a lot of room at the front of the Drome box.

BDkGZqel.jpeg

I found the box that lived where the removed axle on the Gold truck fits fine along the front wall of the Drome Box with the Generator. Hopefully I can get it mounted higher on the wall and use it as a bench. I've attached my Montezuma Tool box to it and a small vice that have worked out pretty good even though they are too low. Hopefully my next trip to the hardware store can supply me with sufficient mounting hardware. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July.