Hercules 14 Ply 16 inch wheels

73pete

Just now, 73pete said:

Hercules Tires

We have a 40 foot 2005 Newmar Mountain Aire Fifth Wheel with tandem axle dual wheels.  I am needing to replace all 9 tires ( size : 235/85R16 load range g ). I am pulling with a HTD (1973 Peterbilt ).

I am asking if anyone is using/has had any problems with the Hercules H-901 or the Hercules Strong Guard C-ST.  They look about the same sizes and specs except the speed rating on the H-901 is an L or 75 MPH and the Strong Guard is an M or 81 MPH. Any opinions or suggestions will be appreciated.

15 hours ago, 73pete said:

We have a 40 foot 2005 Newmar Mountain Aire Fifth Wheel with tandem axle dual wheels.  I am needing to replace all 9 tires ( size : 235/85R16 load range g ). I am pulling with a HTD (1973 Peterbilt ).

I am asking if anyone is using/has had any problems with the Hercules H-901 or the Hercules Strong Guard C-ST.  They look about the same sizes and specs except the speed rating on the H-901 is an L or 75 MPH and the Strong Guard is an M or 81 MPH. Any opinions or suggestions will be appreciated.

I've got a 2009 Newmar, Torrey Pine. I went with the Sailuns this last time and so far so good, but will probably try the H-901 next time just because of all the good things I've read about them. I didn't know about the Strong Guard. I don't run 80 except maybe briefly on a downhill, but I like the idea of having more tire than I need.

15 hours ago, 73pete said:

I have the H 901 on my 37 ft Cardinal. I set the cruise on 68 because that is where the sweet spot is for fuel milage. Occasionally bump it up to 75 but I'm never really in that big of a hurry. 

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

On 2/15/2024 at 9:08 PM, 73pete said:

Hercules Tires

Another Newmar rolling on Sailuns here, though we switched to 17.5" wheels.  Five years so far and no complaints.

All that aside, I'd go for the higher ratings just for peace of mind.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net