Dometic RM7401L - no power

This is an Australian unit and the "mains" to the lower right side are 240V0-ac. Notice the power plug, It connects to 230V but I am pretty sure that the circuit board converts that supply to 12V since all other voltages are labeled as 12V it does show both a 12V heating element and also a ac heating element so that probably is 230V

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I took the circuit board down to a module repair service to be tested for $45aud.

They gave my quote today after testing, of $272aud for repair.

He says that the power supply is gone on it.

He's not able to give me a warranty on the repair, or do a full test because I only took the circuit board in, not the whole appliance. Also noted that he has repaired this same issue plenty of times before, and is quite confident this will resolve the issue.

So I'm a bit hesitant - on one hand, I could purchase a second hand 3-way fridge for same or less. But condition would be unknown.

I could also purchase a new compressor fridge for not much more cost, but I'm concerned that the noise would drive me bonkers.

With all due respect, I'm quite sure that it's nothing to do with my wiring. DC/DC, MPPT, solar (changed wiring from parallel to series on my fold out panel), anderson plugs, fans, lighting, usb ports, water pumps, shunt, blade fuse holders, terminals - all installed from scratch by me and all working perfectly with no blown fuses or heating wires or excessive voltage drops or any signs of any issue.

I guess I'm just concerned that some unknown factor (other than age) has caused the issue, and that it might reoccur.

Edited by melon

It is a good way to learn how to repair a bad circuit board.

YouTube it.   See what might be involved.    It could just be a bad solder joint.    Apparently you know the board is bad.   Look at all the solder joints. 

If you look at a solder joint with a magnifying glass. Look at the joint real careful. If it has a extremely small odd colored ring around the joint , in the middle or at the wire it is soldered to, it could just need to be resoldered.

Just a thought 

Hmm, very interesting suggestion. I have done a bit of soldering many many moons ago, tinkering around with my uncle. Probably have got his old iron kicking around here somewhere.

I'll call the shop back and ask for more info - eg are they replacing actual components or is there just something loose. I don't have the board here with me to inspect unfortunately.