Jackalopee manual update.

phoenix2013

Since the Jackalopee is now available with a complete semi installation kit, there are a couple of "visual" updates going into the next edition of the manual.

Complete kit.

AM0irDol.jpg

How it's wired into the truck.

Twv9Ranl.jpg

Might be helpful to those who are still in the contemplative stage, "how the hell am I going to do this"?

Edited by phoenix2013

Although the picture clearly says Brake Controller not included, the questions continue. "I thought the brake controller was part of the kit" and then "where do I get one"? So I prepped a one pager for an email or a phone photo attachment.

uNVITSul.jpg

Etrailer is very good producing videos on the products they carry, how they work and how to install them. In case of DirecLink there are three videos how it operates. One of them shows how to install it although it's on a Chevy Silverado not too useful for HDT application, but worth seeing how he cobbled it together.

There are actually three different truck OBD cables (and videos) so check all three of them to match your truck. A six pin plug, a 9 pin and a 9 pin GREEN plug. It has to do with the evolution of that software over the years.